Sex and Spirituality

is sex a spiritual thing for you or in your religion? if sex is spiritual for you is it always that way?

okmanders

Asked by okmanders at 11:31 PM on Jun. 25, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• It can be. Sex to me is not just the coming together of two bodies but two souls. If there is emotion in the act then yes it is very much spiritual.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 2:22 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I agree with June..Sex to me is scared in the energies shared and given...I am a Pagan and many think we are....loose...perhaps...for ME...I don't care who you have sex with as long as the intent is loving and pure....
    Just_Bethy

Answer by Just_Bethy at 11:37 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• it can be. and even if i do not incorporate it into any rituals it still is "sacred" but not in the sense that Christians view it.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 12:50 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• it can be spiritual at times. i regret that it has not been for quite some time. when both people are present and have their energies combined...it is a powerful thing.
    june_kitten

Answer by june_kitten at 11:33 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• on one hand it's the creation of life...so yes spiritual in that way....but we also have it for pleasure between a married man and woman.
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 11:38 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• no..sex is sex.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 12:11 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Nope. It's pretty darn carnal, and I'm happy with it that way.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:44 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Sex CAN be a spiritual thing on my path, but not on my DHs. But for me, it's far from it. Sex is purely a physical thing for me with no deeper meaning that the big O!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:46 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• It can be. I feel it unites us in various ways, including spiritually.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 12:06 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Haha you made me think of Sting. He just oozes spirituality and sexuality. lol
    Sex is just fun and emotional too but thats is way cool if its spiritual for some others.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 2:25 PM on Jun. 26, 2010