Do you smile back?

Why don't people smile anymore? I'm always smiling at people at the store and in public. . .and it seems that less and less people smile back as time goes by!

Amber211

Asked by Amber211 at 11:35 PM on Jun. 25, 2010 in Just for Fun

• if you see me and smile i will smile back.... unless i smile at u first!
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 11:39 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I always smile back =)
    imtheonlysane1

Answer by imtheonlysane1 at 11:39 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I live in a town that has grown greatly over the past 10 years or so. It has been very upsetting for me to go from being able to talk to anyone who was standing in line at the grocery store to not even getting smiles as i walk down the street.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 11:40 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I smile back, or smile first
    mom2queenie2004

Answer by mom2queenie2004 at 11:43 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I always smile, sometime I even say Hi if you could imagine. The same thing while driving through our neighborhood I always wave, what happened to people being nice. I don't know something about being friendly to others makes me feel better inside. Maybe I am just starved for adult interaction while hubby is out to sea. How long does it really take?
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 11:43 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I smile all the time and I'm pretty much of a happy person. But not everyone responds. Too bad,isn't it?
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 11:51 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I live in Austin and everyone here is really friendly. People still say Good Morning if they pass you going into a store. :) Heres a smile for you OP!
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 11:59 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• People are mean and nasty, but I smile back, and I also initiate smiles or hellos. :)
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 11:38 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• i smile back when i am in the mood. some people can be a bit much. i live in south alabama, and some of the people around here can be so chatty. if i am in a hurry, i don't look up at other people. i may never get out of the store.
    june_kitten

Answer by june_kitten at 11:41 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• If I noticed I would smile back.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 11:43 PM on Jun. 25, 2010