Do you use a paper map anymore? Do you even keep one in your car?

Or do you mapquest or similar everything or have a GPS?

jamesonjustines

Asked by jamesonjustines at 11:37 PM on Jun. 25, 2010 in Travel

• we mapquest stuff, but keep a paper map in the car because mapquest has been wrong more than once with our directions. I've used GPS too, and it's been wrong as well so.....the good old paper map is the best way to go. IMO.
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 11:40 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• i still have several. technology can fail.
    june_kitten

Answer by june_kitten at 11:39 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• We have maps in the car since we don't have access to the internet when we aren't at home.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:40 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I think being able to read and understand a map is a skill, I am shocked how many people can't figure it out. Now that there are modern conveniences like mapquest and gps units, they don't have to.
    I always have a map of where ever I am in the car with me. Last year I went to FL and my inlaws gave us their gps unit to "help" us out. I have never been more lost in my life. I didn't know which way was up... it was horrible. Never again... I will ALWAYS spend the $5 and get a real paper map.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:43 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I only have paper maps. I don't usually look at them because I am more of drive and figure things out kind of person but when I go on major road trips I make sure to have maps with me. I am anti navigational systems I don't plan on every getting one.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 11:41 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I have a GPS I got for Christmas, before that I would Mapquest directions. I have never used paper maps, they confuse me. My husband still uses them and keeps several in our car for all the surrounding states we might go to.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 11:41 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Yes, I use maps. GPS and mapquest suck. They aren't the answer.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 11:43 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I have paper maps...I can find where I'm going much faster!!! My husband and I both have a really good sense of direction, so we primarily rely on that skill that is acquired through many years of driving and in all kinds of weather and other unpredictable conditions!! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 11:43 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Mapquest
    Healthytomorrow

Answer by Healthytomorrow at 11:38 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Mapquest or paper maps (I'm old fashioned, LOL). I don't do the whole GPS thing.
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 11:39 PM on Jun. 25, 2010