Is there any fact in "most babies are born on a full moon"?

I'm 39 weeks 4 days tomorrow and it will be a full moon.. do you think its true?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:47 PM on Jun. 25, 2010 in Pregnancy

• oh yes.
    Definitely true.
    But I really want to know why! lol

Having worked with L & D nurses and maternity care professionals, they agreed.
    *The explanation has to do with the gravitational pull on the amniotic fluid.
    But the moon is only showing more light, it's not actually bigger or closer~ is it??
    I don't know why it is this way...

I was curious to see if my children were born during the Full Moon phase so I Googled it.
    Guess what?!

Yep.
    I didn't even know it back then!!
    ;-D
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 12:39 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Ummm... yes and no. There seem to be quite a few more patients in L & D during a full moon, but the hospitals I have worked in seem to be busier at that time every month. The nurses I know on L & D will tell you it is very true.

However, with all four of my babies the full moon came and went and I didn't go into labor until closer to a new moon each time. The full moon effects everyone differently, and some it effects more than others.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 11:53 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• My son wasn't born on a full moon...So no, I don't think there's any truth to it.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 11:47 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• i think the full moon can make you go into labor if you're close already. my hubby is a dr. and he does see a difference when it's a full moon and he's working in l&d lol
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 11:49 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• my niece was. my sister said every woman that she saw in the hospital that nights water had broken, including hers. the moon changes the tides and i think that has something to do with it.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 11:50 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• my hubby said our girls were born during a planetarium alignment.
    bikerchickmommy

Answer by bikerchickmommy at 12:04 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• i dont know i wonder the same thing my mother in law thinks ill have my daughter on a full moon and i was already told i can pop at anytime so we will see
    neonangel2188

Answer by neonangel2188 at 11:53 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• "Most" babies is a stretch, since it is only one day a month, however, in my experience, we always see an increase in traffic around the full moon.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:21 AM on Jun. 26, 2010