Have you ever started laughing while discipling your child?

Sometimes it is so hard not to, they are too cute for words.

Tonight my two year old threw a soda bottle on the floor and it sprayed everywhere. When I started to get mad at him he started crying because it scared him, the spraying soda... I said"why are you crying" He looked at me with his sad little face and said..."scared, soda...shhhhhhhhh".
Oh, it was darling, I couldn't be mad after that!
He did have to help clean it up though.

SleepingBeautee

Asked by SleepingBeautee at 11:53 PM on Jun. 25, 2010 in General Parenting

• Its very hard not to laugh when DD is trying to be serious. She reminds me of flamboyant, eccentric gay man.
    mamalinzie

Answer by mamalinzie at 3:19 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Mom! You did the right thing! Poor guy, probably was scared! Sometimes I think it's easier to laugh it off and treat it as a lesson learned then to discipline them because of x, y, z. Patience goes along ways...you showed him that he made a mistake and that he still needs to take care of the mess and that it's not the end of the world. Way to go!
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 11:56 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• i have this problem with my son. he is so honest and grown up in his speech, it is hard not to laugh sometimes when he gets out of line. i try my best, though.
    june_kitten

Answer by june_kitten at 11:57 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Yes! When my dd was four, I took her out of preschool early to spend some "mommy birthday time" with her. Anyway, she was messing around in the backseat and I told her to hurry up and buckle in so we can go. She looked at me and said, "ok just a minute, let me fix this sh!t!"

I was so shocked, but at the same time I had to try really hard not to laugh. I went home later and scolded my dh because what came out of her mouth sounded just like something he's said many, many times.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 12:00 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• lol
    I'm potty training my dd who's 3 and she's having a hard time. I heard a noise in the kitchen...like a crinkling sound...and she looks around the corner at me and says "mom I pee peed!!!" . So obviously I get a little mad because I asked her if she needed to go potty like two seconds before that. I grabbed some damp paper towels and said "where did you pee pee, your not supposed to pee pee on the floor!" she said "right there" I looked and it was like a 3'x3' RIVER!!!!!! I said, "that's not pee pee, that's a freaking river!!!" lol I couldn't help but laugh because it was SO MUCH! Then she started laughing and I was like "no it's not funny" but was still laughing because it was just this huge amount! lol
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 12:02 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Yes and it's always a good thing! I think I need any amount of chilloutness I can get!!!
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 11:56 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• to many time to count. thats when i cover my mouth and let hubby decide what should happen next, lol
    bikerchickmommy

Answer by bikerchickmommy at 11:56 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I've gotten better about it but I really struggled with that when my oldest was that age.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 11:56 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• ya. lol i'v also laughed at things that i know i should not have because she was in trouble for it. but i just could not help it.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 11:56 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• It always happens to us. So hard to keep a straight face!
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 11:58 PM on Jun. 25, 2010