for moms with 2 kids...anyone feel the same?

sometimes i just feel like i am too busy for my dd or that i'm asking to much of her. she's almost 5 and i also have a 3 month old lil boy. but it always seems like i'm telling my dd no i can't right now, and it's because i'm feeding the baby, or changing the baby, or holding the baby. today we took a long car ride to visit family and i was driving, and instead of pulling over my dd took charge of feeding the lil one if he got hungry. i felt bad, almost like i was asking too much of her. but she did it no complaints. she likes to help, but what is too much? and how can i make more time for her?

nickellmomof2

Asked by nickellmomof2 at 12:09 AM on Jun. 26, 2010 in General Parenting

• Make a date with your dd. Get a sitter or have dad watch the little one so just you dd can go do something together.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 10:15 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I had this prob when my twins were born. My DD tried to help, and I let her. But you could see the resent because I had to take careof these little ones moreso than her because they're totally helpless. I made sure after the babies went down for a nap, that it was all about her and after they go to bed at night, it's still her time.
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 12:11 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I have 3 so I've gone through it twice now. I always tried to take time for just the older ones when the baby was sleeping. That way I would feel like I wasn't completely ignoring them. It really only lasts a few months until the baby is out of the infant stage and you can spend more time with them or do things with both of them. It will get better momma, I promise.

fallnangel3

Answer by fallnangel3 at 12:19 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I can relate. I have a 3 yo and a one month old, and I am always saying "wait until I am done feeding or changing your brother." I'm really feeling badly this summer for I am not taking my DD out nearly as much. We can't hit the public pool, water park, 6 flags, etc because I have the baby now. If it doesn't rain on Sunday I am going to take her to 6 Flags.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 12:31 AM on Jun. 26, 2010