Does this make sense?

So, I know that my boyfriend and I still have a lot of growing to do in our relationship, but I feel like we're ready to start a more serious one. You know how people say you just know? I was walking to my recycling bin today, and the thought occurred to me. I'm ready. I just know. But, we have to grow.....so how can you feel like you have to grow and be ready at the same time?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:11 AM on Jun. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• A lot of things are learned within marriage...but if you don't feel fufilled as a single person, sometimes, IMO, it's not a great thing to go into marriage without living your life a little.
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 12:14 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• growing IS the relationship. if you're not moving ahead, you're just spending time, hanging out. it doesn't mean because you feel you are ready, that this is THE ONE. it just means that you've realized you are mature and responsible at this point to WANT to grow your relationship into something more than just hanging out. it may be THE ONE, but it may be a learning point. and we always grow when we learn. :))
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 12:18 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I think knowing you're ready is part of growing. If you hadn't been growing, you wouldn't know you're ready.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 12:25 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• If you got butterflies in your stomach when you had this epiphany, you should tell him. make sure he is on the same page.
    mistical_me

Answer by mistical_me at 2:47 AM on Jun. 26, 2010