Dog will not stop whining/barking tonight

DH, myself and our son are spending the weekend at his parents' house. We brought our pup along of course. I know she's freaked out about being in a different place, but she is going nuts right now. If I go out of her sight (she's in her crate right now), she starts whining and barking. The family is trying to sleep and I don't want her keeping them awake but I sure can't sit here all night in her sight. How do I get her to calm down? I didn't really bring anything of mine that I could put in her crate with her (not unless I want her to chew it up).

thatgirl70

Asked by thatgirl70 at 12:19 AM on Jun. 26, 2010 in Pets

• We did what Jeniffer said and put the Crate next to the bed on my Dh's side and when he cried my DH just put his had down to comfort the dog.

Mom2princessq

Answer by Mom2princessq at 12:41 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• no clue but our neighbors dog does that every night, unless OUR floodlight is on...ugh!
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 12:20 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Can you bring the crate into the room you're staying in? Or is it too big?
    Elijahsmommy9

Answer by Elijahsmommy9 at 12:22 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• move her crate. put it next to wherever you are sleeping.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 12:23 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I agree on putting the crate next to your bed so she can smell you. I am sure she is nervous about not knowing where she is.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 9:19 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Take her out of the crate & comfort her. Would you leave a baby crying in a crib? Bring your puppy to bed with you so she isn't scared.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 10:34 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• She calmed down before I went to bed. And yes, I would have probably just taken her into the bedroom with us if she hadn't, except that her whining probably would have woken up our son who sleeps in the guest room with us.
    thatgirl70

Comment by thatgirl70 (original poster) at 5:34 PM on Jun. 28, 2010