Does your husband help out with the kids?

My husband is really hands on. I'm a stay at home mom, but when he's off he gets up in the morning with my DD so I can sleep in. During the week she goes to preschool. I drop her off he picks her up bathes her and puts her to bed.

Mom2princessq

Asked by Mom2princessq at 12:24 AM on Jun. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• YES! That is one of the many reasons I love him. He always said he never wanted kids. But as soon as he had them he has been the MOST AMAZING daddy to them. Damn I am lucky!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:26 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• My husband doesn't "help". They are his kids too. He has always just done what needs to be done. It isn't like he helped me and I was grateful for him helping. They are his kids. If they need bathing then go bathe them. Don't ask me if I want you to help me. No, you go help the kid. I think men don't help are the ones who have had it made clear to them that the kids are the moms and the dad gets to play with them occasionally. The dad is left out of deciding the important (and not so important) issues. Women make the dad "non-helpers". Or at least, some women do.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 12:38 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• yeah, but I have to say how a lot, I don't like that. lol
    sdgd21

Answer by sdgd21 at 12:26 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• yep he does :)
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 12:24 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• My DH is very hands on. He does baths, meals, and also wakes up on the weekends so I can sleep in. He just loves to play with our DD. They play Mario Kart, Candy Land, Memory, coloring, etc etc.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 12:26 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• yes almost all the time he reads to them and puts them to bed.
    vania_jmz

Answer by vania_jmz at 12:27 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• My husband helps me with everything and he works very physical job, I always tell him that he is a rare breed.
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 12:27 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• He does, when he can. He works third shift, and the way his sleeping schedule works, the boy is in bed before he wakes up. But he spends time with him in the morning, and they both go to sleep about the same time (the boy for his nap). He's wanting, when we get back on our own in the next couple of weeks, to change his schedule so he's up earlier and can spend time with the boy before he goes to work. But he's always been great with him - that little boy is his world, lol. :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 12:27 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• yep. :) she is a daddy's girl!
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 12:28 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• For the most part.  He'll get up with the baby in the night or, if he's working the morning shift, will take the baby after he gets home so I can go to bed for a few hours.

He always fed and did all diaper changes when he was home.  When he's around he picked the kids up from school since I had to take them every morning.

But, despite all that, he basically ignores them the rest of the time.  When he's home he's playing video games.  They can sit and watch him play but he won't take them to the park or play with them or anything like that.  In the 10 years we've had kids he's volunteered to take them out on his own like 6 times.  6 times in 10 years.  He can't handle them alone.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:39 AM on Jun. 26, 2010