would you lose weight if you cut out red meat?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:49 AM on Jun. 26, 2010 in Health

• Yes I did and I lost 10 pounds in a month.
    Mom2princessq

Answer by Mom2princessq at 12:50 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• depends on how much red meat you eat i think.

eggplant is a good way to lose weight. It has lots of fiber so it's very filling, but doesn't have many calories, good nutrition and made mostly of water.
    Eggplant lasagna is really yummy too! and you can make it in the crock pot!
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 12:52 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Sure, but you would have to make sure you don't replace it with anything else that will impede weight loss. AND you have to make sure that you are eating less then what you burn in a day. It's all about science and math, calories in - calories out. Look up a BMR calculator online and it will tell you how many calories your body burns in one day.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 9:05 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Sure you can
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 12:51 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• ohh how do you make eggplant lasagna!!! yumm
    joycegina

Answer by joycegina at 12:55 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• probably but my real problem is I'm addicted to soda. Oh, I heart my Dr. Pepper!
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 12:55 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Would I? No, because I almost never eat red meat. I would lose weight if I cut out all the take out, ice cream, stress eating, and snacks.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:05 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I think I would have to cut out ALL meat to lose weight.. I only eat meat for dinner (or occasional bacon for breakfast) & its usually chicken/pork
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 1:24 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• No, not if you replace the calories by consuming more calories than you expend. I haven't eaten meat for 3 years, and exercise everyday. I have neither lost nor gained weight in that time. I do eat chicken and rarely fish. Not eating meat can be difficult because meat is dense,filling and as a protein, keeps you feeling full longer. Veggies and carbs just do not have that staying power.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 11:51 AM on Jun. 26, 2010