Do you own a crockpot? How often do you use it?

Just used mine for the first time today. Very happy with it! Going to be looking up recipes.

GDIMOM

Asked by GDIMOM at 1:27 AM on Jun. 26, 2010 in Food & Drink

• i use mine once a week. i have to use it on wednesdays because the boys have gymnastic class at the time i would normally cook dinner.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:31 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• In the summer we grill more so about once a week now.In the fall and winter it increases to 3 maybe 4 times a week.My current fave is put pork tenderloin or two in with onion.garlic,seasonings or whatever sounds good.Some beef broth or water-not a lot.Cook all day.Shred add some salsa or green diced chilis .Serve with corn tortillas,Mexican White cheese crumbled,cilantro and lime with corn The next day shred and heat up for a while with favorite bar b cue sauce and serve as pulled pork sandwich.Serve with coleslaw..

drfink

Answer by drfink at 1:39 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I use mine much more during the school year since we are so busy and always on the go in the evenings, it just makes my life so much easier. I probably use it 3-4 nights per week. During the summer life is much more relaxed and we prefer to use the grill and cook outside as much as possible to keep the house from getting to warm.

I have two large crock pots and one small one and couldnt live without them. Check out the busy peoples slow cooker cookbook by dawn hall, she has a whole series of slowcooker cookbooks with really good recipes and tips, I found them at my local library and check them out every fall to plan meals and try new ones.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:41 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Yes. But I only know ONE good recipe to cook in it (pork roast), everything else we have tried no one has liked :-(
    And my DH isnt even crazy about the Pork Roast, its just something I grew up with so i knew it was good..
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 2:00 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Mommatasha try london broil, I get it on sale for $1.99 a pound at safeway, it goes on sale every 2 months or so and i stock up. It comes out so good especially if you do it with the mccormicks slowcooker roast seasoning packet and add potatos and carrots :) I add onion also because my family loves onions on almost everything. I also slow cook the london broil and use it for pulled beef sandwhiches ( use BBQ sauce) and fajitas (just cook with taco seasoning).

There are so many recipes out there you would be amazed what you can cook in a slow cooker.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:26 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I use it more in the summer than winter. That way I do not have to light the oven and make the house hot. I made a chicken stew with diced chicken breasts, canned tomatoes, chicken broth, celery, and potatoes and it turned out pretty good. Everyone eats it in my house, including my kids.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 2:43 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• i use mine almost every day. or grill . i do cook as well. but mostly i work so many hours i would rather dinner be ready when i get home. and i hate take out or delivery plus thats way to expensive and unhealthy
    TXMOMMY23

Answer by TXMOMMY23 at 4:41 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I use mine at least once a week. I have yet to try a crock pot recipe that we don't like! Join Crock Pot Moms for recipes & tips!

michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 7:50 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I only use mine in the winter. I use it for chili, soups and stews; not really summer foods.

Send me a message offlist if you would like some TNT recipes.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:50 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I don't use mine very often. I'm with rkoloms, only use it in winter or for a large gathering.

I use it for beans, soups, stews, chili and occasionally roasts.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 12:20 PM on Jun. 26, 2010