What are some good chores...

Im wanting my 4yr old to do some little things to help me around the house. He's old enough to start helping. As of now, he picks up his toys and helps switch/fold laundry. He has fun doing it, im just trying to think of age appropriate things for him to do to earn stickers to get a prize at the end of the day(to start) or week

A.NandD.NMommy

Asked by A.NandD.NMommy at 1:38 AM on Jun. 26, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• unload the dishwasher
    wipe down the counters
    clear off the table.
    my 4 & 5 year old love to clean the bathrooms? idk. crazy kids fight over who gets to clean the toilet. thank goodness i have 2 bathrooms otherwise i'd have to keep track! LOL
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:40 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I remember my first chore was emptying the ashtrays. How times have changed!

Anyway, what about filling the dog bowl if you have dogs, setting the table, or folding socks?
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 1:41 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• my son is 4 too. I have him feed the dog, he also likes to mop after me, and he helps his dad pick the weeds from the front yard.
    mum1

Answer by mum1 at 1:42 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Setting the table, take out the trash, clean out the car, water the grass.
    AdrianaS

Answer by AdrianaS at 1:42 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Help set the table ( as long as the stuff isn't breakable) My 4 year old daughter loves to fold the napkins and put the place settings together. She also likes to vaccuum, its not perfect but she feels like she is really helping. Oh and she also likes to dust what she can reach.
    SandraLee242

Answer by SandraLee242 at 1:44 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• My 4 yr old does a great job taking things to the rooms they belong too and he enjoys holding the dustpan.
    GDIMOM

Answer by GDIMOM at 1:46 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• My kids really like to dust and wash windows. Pretty much anything that is at their level they love to help clean!
    TilmannsGirl

Answer by TilmannsGirl at 1:47 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• lol we do have a dog, i forgot to mention he also has all the responsibilities of taking care of her. Setting these are all great suggestions! thanks a lot!!
    A.NandD.NMommy

Comment by A.NandD.NMommy (original poster) at 1:47 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• We have the "daily to dos" and the chores. The daily to doj's are things that are just expected of them, like make bed, get dressed, clear dishes after meals, pick up toys after playing with them (really all things that are just picking up after yourself), then we have the chore list, I have a picture of each child, and several cards with pictures of different chores. The ones we have are (and my kids are 6 and under if that helps), wash walls (usually just one small section a day), bathroom (just wipe sink and make sure it is tidy), vaccuum (the most wanted chore in the house), kitchen (just helping me with whatever I need, washtable, stach dishes in diswasher, pick stuff up off floor), laundry (they help sort, load washer and dryer and help sort clothes, then everyone puts away their own), pick up floor (this one is just basicly it is there job to make sure that things are getting put away).
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 1:49 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• my youngest was 4 and loved to wash dishes. I loaded or an older kid loaded the dishwasher. I have her on video dancing and washing on a step stool. My other kids have done clear the table and fold the washcloths, sort the socks and put hangers on shirts. or hang them in the closet while I put them on hangers.
    Momchipomkids

Answer by Momchipomkids at 2:17 AM on Jun. 26, 2010