I have a question about obama's patriotism.

I don't think I've ever seen him do anything remotely patriotic or that shows love for country. Have you? It seems to me that he is more than ready to hand our country over to the muslim world; I bet you didn't know that's the highest growing religion in the world. Also, in 20 years there will be enough muslims in the US for them to elect a muslim president, is that scary or what? He doesn't want to protect our borders from illegal aliens from anywhere, not just Mexico; there people from other countries here illegally also. His attitude is nothing but scornful of America, he cares nothing for the future of our country- why else would he be aligning himself up with the muslim world.
Now before anyone gets their panties in a twist, I do not believe that ALL muslims are terrorist, but I do believe that the vast majority are.

izyandchrismomi

Asked by izyandchrismomi at 1:58 AM on Jun. 26, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I agree with you, Obama scares me. I do not think his ideas for America are what most Americans want for their country. It is just too bad that so many were dupped by his slick talking and slick ways. I believe that most politicians make great campaign promises and maybe a few of them ever have any intention of keeping most of them, but that man never had any intention of keeping to what he said (too bad he was so good at reading the teleprompter).
    SandraLee242

Answer by SandraLee242 at 2:29 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• How about the way they are looking for a way to bypass congress to give amnesty to illegals?
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 5:13 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Yes Obama is patriotic. There's a fine line between a necessary and healthy love of one's country, patriotism, and a unnecessary and unhealthy belief in the righteousness of everything one's country does, nationalism.
    I'm a patriotic American and also believe many illegals have been here most of their lives and should get amnesty.
    Supporting amnesty has nothing to do with being patriotic.

Also, in 20 years there will be enough muslims in the US for them to elect a muslim president, is that scary or what?

NO, Its NOT scary. Muslims believe in the Koran which teaches peace and how to be a better person.
    What scares me is how many people are afraid of anything or anyone different than themselves.
    There are good and bad in all religions and cultures. It shows your fear is based on lack of knowledge.
    Rnurse

Answer by Rnurse at 7:11 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I can't believe some of the things that you said in your question. I can't believe that today in America an average person would believe that most Muslims are terrorists. That is CRAZY. That sounds like something Hitler would have said about the Jews. First off the Muslim religion is a beautiful and peaceful one. I myself am not Muslim but I am American and I believe in the freedom of religion fundamentals that this country was founded on. If one day America elected a Muslim president it would be because that person represented the majority of people in this country. I'm guessing that you fear becoming a minority. I'm not shocked considering how minorities are treated in this country and many others. My suggestion to you would be to learn to put your judgment aside and learn to love thy neighbor. One day you just might be the minority and you will want to be treated with fairness and equality.
    ErinRenee815

Answer by ErinRenee815 at 7:16 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Okay, this is not fun anymore.
    The above answer is quite discouraging.
    There, did I say it nice enough to suit the thought police????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 7:47 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• The way I see it, if he weren't patriotic he wouldn't have run for president....
    And he's not a Muslim, although it shouldn't matter. Your post shows a blatant misunderstanding of Islam, though... (for example, only about 10% of Muslims are extremist, so you have it backwards - most are peaceful)
    As well, this is a country made of immigrants. No one has the right to say anything about immigration since its the only reason any of us are here. As long as people are immigrating legally it shouldn't matter. And our country allows for freedom of religion, so there's nothing wrong with people being Muslim and living here.
    I don't see how you think he's "aligning" with the Muslim world, though, or how he doesn't care for the country. Just because he thinks differently than you do doesn't mean that he's any less passionate...
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 8:26 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

***

That wasn't patriotism....that was a power grab!!! Two VERY different things!

Obama didn't even grow up in this country--he may have eked out a birthright technicality, but growing up in Indonesia, attending a Madrassa, and studying the Quran, does not an "apple pie and Chevrolet" presidential candidate make!!

He may be patriotic, but it certainly isn't AMERICAN patriotism!!

http://abesha.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/barackosamaap_468x789.jpg

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:08 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

Excellent point, Carpy.  I wish more people paid attention to this move.  Him and Reid trying to get around a vote because they know it's not what the people want. 

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:09 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• He spent 8 years in Indonesia and then lived with his Baptist grandparents here in the states.
    And studying the Quran shouldn't matter, because this country has freedom of religion (and his mother taught him about all different beliefs and had different texts in their house - I have his book).
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:14 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Band--

You may his book, but do you know who actually WROTE it?! It's WIDELY believed that Bill Ayers, of domestic terrorism group Weather Underground fame, was his ghost writer.  Both books were ALL carefully crafted pieces of work to bring Obama front and center. In other words, Ayers wrote the books, and slapped Obama's name on it!

If you care to read more about it...her's a great link that explains and compares Ayers' known work to Obama's!

It's also interesting to note, that for someone who supposedly graduated from Occidental, Columbia, and Harvard, was a lawyer, and president of the Harvard Law Review, that no one can seem to locates any of his other written works--except, of course, for these two books!!! Think about that!

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:26 AM on Jun. 26, 2010