how many c-sections have you had? How many is too many?

How many is too many? I think I want 4 kids but I've already had 2 c/s. Does recovery get worse each time. Does the doc finally say, "enough"?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:03 AM on Jun. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I have personally had 3... All were back to back, and my dr told me after my third that I really shouldn't have anymore because there are risks such as bleeding to death, scar tissue complications, etc... But he also said if I did want another that I should wait several years before I thought of having another.

The reason is because with each c-section, it takes the body roughly 2 years just to completely heal. My last one was in 2004, and I decided to have my tubes tied. I didn't want to take the risk of having another right after my daughter, and birth control was not an option for me... But I do regret it now, because my clock is ticking again.... But everytime I wake up from that day dream from the screaming and yelling of the children I have now I am reminded of the other reason I did it! lol
    believejohn316

Answer by believejohn316 at 2:26 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Ive had 2. Ive heard around here that 4 c sections is the most doctors/hospitals will do just because it puts the mother and baby at risk each time they open you up.
    tanya777

Answer by tanya777 at 2:06 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I've had one and I think that is "too many" :(
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 2:08 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I've had one. You know you can have vaginal births after 2 c-sections (VBA2C). I would imagine the recovery does get worse with each, as you have more scarring to deal with, plus, more toddlers you're chasing around! Nothing says you can't keep going, but seriously, look into VBA2C. You might have the best luck with a midwife. Good luck!!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:08 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I've had 2. But I know someone who had all 6 of her kids c-section. After the 6th one doctors told her that her body wouldn't be able to take it again.
    Apple_Pie2010

Answer by Apple_Pie2010 at 2:18 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I say one is two many. I had two. Then I had a VBA2C. C-sections get riskier and riskier the more of them you have. If you want 4 children I would suggest to look into a VBA2C.
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 3:44 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• sorry, too many. Getting tired.
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 3:46 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• My doctor said that 4 is when they usually say "enough." But I know people who have had as many as 6 or even more! So, I dunno. I think you need to discuss it with yoru doctor. Or try for a vbac. That is what I am doing.
    chelleybeans

Answer by chelleybeans at 11:50 AM on Jun. 26, 2010