At what age do you think it is appropriate for your daughter to use a "Tampon"?

believejohn316

Asked by believejohn316 at 2:04 AM on Jun. 26, 2010 in General Parenting

• When she gets her period (around 12 or 13, latest 14)
    Copied from www.translate.google.com

Auburgine

Answer by Auburgine at 2:05 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Once she has her period if she's comfortable using one then I don't see why she shouldn't. I hate pads, why would I want her to use them if she wants to use tampons?
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 2:06 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Onces she is comfortable wearing them. I was wearing tampons as soon as started my period. Mind you all I was 11 when I started.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 2:09 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• If she wants to try one with her first period I will let her, My mom gave me pads with my first period and by day 2 I was completely grossed out and tired of the mess. She went and bought me tampons and I have used them ever since. I dont think there is a appropriate time, tampons are one of the options for dealing with your period, it is completely appropriate to use them for their intended purpose.

I will start my daughter out with pads like my mom did with me and from there it is up to her what is more comfortable for her to use. I knew many girls in school who couldnt go swimming and do other activities because their mothers refused to let them use tampons. The reason one of those moms used made me laugh, she said it would take her daughters virginity, well i have to tell you i was shocked to find out that yup i was still a virgin after using tampons for 4 years.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:12 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• When she gets her period, and is comfortable with them. I started using them at 13. It never hurt, was more comfortable than pads, and I didnt lose my virginity till I was 20. It's not like they are inappropriate. I mean they won't take away your DD's virginity or anything. Just mke sure they have the right size, and they know when to change them.
    RheaF

Answer by RheaF at 2:25 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Why did you put tampon in quotation marks?

I didn't use them until I was 15 because I didn't feel comfortable with them. But as whenever she wants to use them it's up to her.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 3:31 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Whenever they feel comfortable with them. When they get their periods (which will probably be later than normal going by family history and them being smaller than other kids), both options will be presented. I got my period at 16 and tried pads for a day and was completely weirded out and have been using tampons ever since happily. Glad I had the options.
    LilyJaneC

Answer by LilyJaneC at 3:42 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• When she gets her period and wants to. She's almost 9 and knows what's going to happen and I've already talked to her about what's going to happen and pads vs tampons. I've also demonstrated how to use them (into my closed fist), gotten her a box with her choice of tampons (junior size) and pads and showed her where the directions are. She also knows that she will have to use them when she gets her period if she wants to go swimming, so I imagine she will start using them fairly early.

Answer by missanc at 7:54 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• As soon as she starts her period.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:48 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• When she feels she is ready to use them. My mom wanted me to start on them but I hated them and I couldn't wear them, I was too small, lol. But as I grew older I made the decision on my own to use them.
    chelleybeans

Answer by chelleybeans at 11:48 AM on Jun. 26, 2010