Does it sound normal?

I tested my blood sugar level at work a few months ago. It was 240. Then today just messing around I checked it again before lunch and it was 66 after lunch was 144. Is it normal to have such a huge range? I know normal is like 90-120. Any ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:15 AM on Jun. 26, 2010 in Health

• Naturellement, aucun. ce n'est pas naturel du tout, vous devriez aller voir votre médecin
    Auburgine

Answer by Auburgine at 2:16 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• No, not norm. Either cut out the simple starches, sugars, etc. NOW, or you're going to wind up on meds.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 2:24 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• OP here, I don't eat unhealthy, and I am NOT over weight, I'm 23.

staciaw

Answer by staciaw at 2:26 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I would go to see your doctor and have them run more tests cause that doesn't sound normal.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 2:28 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• 240 was high, had you had a soda or anything sweetened? 144 after a meal isn't bad, and neither is 66 before a meal.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 2:32 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• 66 is low. How soon after the meal did you test? Did you have a lot of carbs or sugars in the meal? Glucose levels can fluctuate all day. The key is to eat 6 small balanced meals to avoid large spikes & dips.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 10:24 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Yeah, 66 is low. Not extremely, but it is low. And for the 240, did you have a lot of carbs? I would maybe bring it up to your doctor. And FYI, you don't have to be obese or unhealthy to have diabetes.
    chelleybeans

Answer by chelleybeans at 3:19 PM on Jun. 26, 2010