can i get an infection from sex in the pool?

my boyfriend wants to have sex in the pool at least once this summer. im completely fine with the idea but im wondering if i can get a yeast infection or any other type of infection from it. ive never had an infection "down there" before except when i first had my iud put in i got a bacterial infection... so in other words im not prone to them...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:16 AM on Jun. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• i have heard that water can get trapped inside you and cause infection
    but honestly, i am not sure how accurate that is.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:18 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• ..................sex in the pool? Is it an American custom? I have not heard of it.

Auburgine

Answer by Auburgine at 2:18 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I wouldn't suggest it. I think the chlorine kills a lot of stuff but you don't want to force a bunch of dirty water up there. Especially if its a public type pool, people pee in there man.
    momma_shuler

Answer by momma_shuler at 2:24 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Yes you can get an infection. The water washes away your natural moisture and can cause tiny tears where bacteria can get in.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 2:26 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Google it- I am too lazy to type. Yes, you can. Along with some other nasty side affects.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 2:29 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Water alone is not a good lube, and although the water itself may not have a lot of bacteria due to chlorine, I would not think that that is something that you would want in that area (do you bleach your cooch daily? lol) I would say if you do want to di it, use a good lube that does not get washed away by water, such as Pure Romance lube called Pure Pleasure. Put it on before going in the pool, and you will be all slip and slide!!! Be safe though, and be careful.
    mistical_me

Answer by mistical_me at 2:34 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Sense everyone is saying it I'll contradict. Sorta. Chlorine "may" kill some of the bacteria, it will also kill the natural good bacteria in your vagina thereby causing yeast infection.
    Tes...Jacksmami

Answer by Tes...Jacksmami at 2:51 AM on Jun. 26, 2010