do you ever wonder why some people don't just google it first?

questions like "how much sleep should my child be getting?" or "is Buddhism a religion?" or "what is X?" etc
etc.
obviously some questions can't be answered via google. Like this one. But i've seen plenty of questions where it's like ...a quick google search and boom! the answer to the question is before my very own eyes AND from a reputable source.

outstandingLove

Asked by outstandingLove at 2:36 AM on Jun. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• http://lmgtfy.com/

Let me google that for you .com LMAO!!!

ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 2:39 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Sometimes. And, as a responder, I usually Google my answers to double check and make sure I am passing the right information before posting.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 2:38 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I ALWAYS wonder that. In fact sometimes I google peoples questions and paste them the answers lol.
    LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 2:39 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I have sometimes wondered that myself but I have also been guilty of asking a question I could have googled. Mostly my reasoning behind asking here is I can interact with the person giviing the response and ask specific questions or get clairification on something I may not fully understand. It is sometimes easier to ask the question here and know you will interact with a real live person and not just an article on ehow or ask or some other site.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:41 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Maybe its not a case of wanting an exact answer but one of reaching out to others and to see what others think. At least that is the answer I gave myself when I asked myself the same question because I personally am one the use google/ask or some other search engine for answers.....
    SandraLee242

Answer by SandraLee242 at 2:41 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I've wondered that too, but I think people just want answers from others with personal experience rather than from a medical website etc. Just my thoughts.
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 2:40 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• LOL obby that's hilarious!
    outstandingLove

Comment by outstandingLove (original poster) at 2:41 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• @ theutilitarian
    and sometimes that is justified. like when people ask "what are you reading" or something along those lines. ...but otherwise i think it makes more sense to find out what you should be aiming for instead of what people have settled for.
    outstandingLove

Comment by outstandingLove (original poster) at 2:43 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I know, right?!
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 2:43 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• that's true 3 ring circus
    sometimes it's not so much that one wants the answer to a question but more like the ice breaker for a discussion.
    outstandingLove

Comment by outstandingLove (original poster) at 2:46 AM on Jun. 26, 2010