I just read an article...

That mentioned cooking with breastmilk, for the whole family. That would mean eating your own breastmilk, and hubby too. It literally made me shiver with disgust. I am a nursing mom, but that's taking it too far! Am I the only one that thinks that breastmilk is for infants only?

rhianna1708

Asked by rhianna1708 at 2:43 AM on Jun. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Not something I would have done while breastfeeding, but to each her own I guess.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 2:53 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• It makes you shiver with disgust? that's a bit harsh. To be completely honest how is it any different than cooking with cows milk? or goats milk? both of those are intended for infant cows or baby goats. So while no I probably wouldn't cook with my own breast milk I don't see it as any different. Oh and DH says that there is nothing wrong with breast milk he would use it in his coffee LOL.

3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:47 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• COW'S MILK IS FOR COW'S ONLY. I will never understand why people drink milk from an effing cow. Have you seen one? I mean really!!!!! I'd rather drink MY OWN milk than something that wasn't even make for my body.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 2:45 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• p.s. I don't drink cow's milk either. and my hubby would try to use my milk in something, he doesn't drink coffee, but just to get a rise out of me lol
    rhianna1708

Comment by rhianna1708 (original poster) at 2:49 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I don't think it is a big deal... I would never do it because I could never pump more than a few oz at a time, but my SIL is a regular nanny goat and has a HUGE surplus. I mean it beats throwing it out.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:51 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• What's the article? I'd love to read it.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 2:54 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I might have to do that-I have half a freezer full of frozen milk left over from pumping. I don't have a problem with consuming breastmilk. Its food, its nutritious, and it doesn't taste too bad.
    Gooberzilla

Answer by Gooberzilla at 2:59 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• i agree COWS milk is for baby COWS not HUMAN BEINGS
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 3:23 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Weird i drink milk and i would not drink my breast milk sorry but not for me.....anyone tried it??????
    lendales_mommi

Answer by lendales_mommi at 4:19 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• all i drink is soy milk. so no i wouldnt drink my breast milk. my son wouldnt even touch it. he cant stand cows milk either. all he has ever had is soy milk . i cant stand cows period. im a vegan. he will eat meat though. i just cant stand the way it tastes.
    TXMOMMY23

Answer by TXMOMMY23 at 4:27 AM on Jun. 26, 2010