What would you do if your best friend....

What would you do if your best friend needed a place to stay in order to get on her feet for a while and she asked you if she could stay w/you? But the catch is you are married w/a family of your own and somewhere in the back of your mind you think she likes your husband.... How would you handle that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:50 AM on Jun. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• I wouldn't put myself in a situation that I was uncomfortable with. You can tell her you'll help her find a place to live and anything else you can do but not that.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 2:52 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• UH... No way! Too much temptation...I am sure everybody would start out with good intentions, but it isn't worth the risk. Especially if you think she has a thing for your man.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:53 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• First of all i trust my hubby 1000% and second of all i wouldn't have a best friend that I thought wanted my hubby.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 2:54 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I would trust my gut feeling. If you can't be present 100% of the time I wouldn't do it since you have that feeling, if it weren't for that then I would take her in. However I would still try to help her in other ways like babysitting, food, or job hunting.
    BandME

Answer by BandME at 2:54 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I've seen that situation go really bad. I had a friend who offered to let another friend stay at his apartment. 2 years later the guy was STILL THERE and when my friend put his foot down (Get a job or get out) the guy stole $1000 in electronics and trashed the place.

However, I would probably let her stay for a specific time and have a full heart-to-heart about how long, what if any rent she would pay and what she would do to help out or at least not be an extra burden for me. I fully and completely trust my hubby so I don't really care if she has the hots for him.
    Gooberzilla

Answer by Gooberzilla at 2:56 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I would tell her that you just do not have the resources. A short stay can be made into a long one really fast. Not only could she overstay her welcome, but she could possibly try a grab at your hubby. If she is that good of a friend though,. she shouldn't even dream of the idea of messing around with your husband.
    mistical_me

Answer by mistical_me at 2:56 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• First of all she wouldn't be my BF. how could your bf be someone who you can't even trust with your DH. That is crazy to me. So hell no she wouldn't stay with me and have you ever talked to her about this it might give you some piece of mind. I don't know about your relationship with this BF but i can always tell when it comes to my 2 best friends I KNOW WHEN THEY ARE LYING!!!!
    lendales_mommi

Answer by lendales_mommi at 4:01 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I'd try to figure out why I thought she wanted hubby and then I'd figure out why I was still friends with her is she truly wanted hubby and I wasn't imagining it.
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 5:53 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• The first conversation I would have with her was an honest question and answer about how your feelings and then I would say no because if you are having feelings trust your gut reaction and go with it. GL Momma
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 6:48 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• It's a bad idea. Just say no.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 9:06 AM on Jun. 26, 2010