I might be pregnant

My boyfriend and I had unprotected sex on monday night. I was supposed to start my period on tuesday. I still haven't started. I would just like to know when would be a good time to take a test to see if I am pregnant. If I have to wait until before my next period or if I could take it now and it be accurate.

All advice helps me out. I'm kinda nervous.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:59 AM on Jun. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• well it has been 6 days you had unprotected sex and your 5 days late. I would wait for like 2- 2 1/2 weeks before i took at test if you don't get your period.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 3:02 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• It is incredibly unlikely that you could get pregnant from sex that happened the day before your period. In order to get pregnant the sperm has to fertilize the egg, which is released during ovulation, usually midcycle. Once sperm and egg meet, the fertilized egg has to implant into the uterine wall, which takes 5-10 days, and then your hormone levels will rise enough to take a pregnancy test.

However, if you are late, you are likely pregnant from sex that occured about 2 weeks ago. I suggest taking a pregnancy test.
    Gooberzilla

Answer by Gooberzilla at 3:04 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• When I took the test I always got the best results they day before my period was due or the day of. But you can take it a week before your period is do and still get accurate readings. Gl! and if you are, congrats!

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 3:05 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• If you're pregnant it didn't happen Monday night.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 3:06 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• was there un protected sex prior to monday the chances of conception from just monday is a very low chance not un heard of but low. if there was un protected sex 14 to 20 days prior to monday then yes check now but if monday was your only day then just wait for your period!
    luvmyaustin

Answer by luvmyaustin at 3:25 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Highly unlikely. Im not trying to be rude here but you need to learn more about your cycle and timing. you are fertile about 14 days after your period starts, not a few days before it starts. There are excellent books and websites out there that can help you. Just read about when the cycle starts and ends. Then you will know when you are ovulating and when you are not. Good luck!
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 3:32 AM on Jun. 26, 2010