What did you dream to be when you grew up? And did you accomplish that dream?

believejohn316

Asked by believejohn316 at 3:00 AM on Jun. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I wanted to be a nurse. Sadly no, I have yet to accomplish this, but I will if god is willing. I got sick at 20 with renal disease. Now I have End Stage Renal Disease. I am wanting on a kidney transplant. Then if I live through all this I will be a nurse! How about you? what did you want to be?

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 3:02 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I wanted to be a scientist. And a writer. I went to college and got a degree in genetics. Along the way I became a peer counselor and discovered that while I find science fascinating, I didn't enjoy working in a lab, but I really loved helping people. So I went to graduate school and became a Marriage and Family Therapist. And yes, I'm still working on my writing.
    Gooberzilla

Answer by Gooberzilla at 3:06 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• waiting. not wanting. although that is true too.
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 3:03 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• WoW... I am sorry to hear that. My sister is also waiting for a kidney. She has been on the list for 16 years now, and just got the pager... My cousin just had the transplant in March. Her sister was a match.. I will definitely keep you in prayer. God is still good. Hold on to Him! He will never let you down!

As for me, I wanted to become a pediatrician and a mother of 5 children. I wanted 3 boys and 2 girls... I accomplished having two girls and a boy, and sadly didn't have the drive to go to medical school when I graduated high school... I allowed my parents break up to be my reason...

But I am married, have three of my 5 kids, and great job and side job I love. So I am not unhappy! I wish you nothing but God's unfailing love and favor over your life! =)
    believejohn316

Comment by believejohn316 (original poster) at 3:10 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Thank you so much believe! and I will pray for your sister as well. I know god is good. I have so many family member wanting to get tested to give me a kidney:)

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 3:15 AM on Jun. 26, 2010