He is ONLY 9, and he has already???

My nine year old has hair sprouting from his nether regions, and he has also had his first (and so far only) nocturnal ejaculation. Isn't he still too young??? Or am I just trying to deny that my baby boy is growing up???

mistical_me

Asked by mistical_me at 3:05 AM on Jun. 26, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• He isn't too young. Kids are hitting puberty earlier and earlier these days.

My son is 11 and just started to grow peach fuzz in his armpits, so I am sure it is starting soon.

On a funny note, My son read a book about puberty at age nine and in the book it said boys start puberty between the ages of 8-14. He has been saying since then, "Mom... I am already in puberty" When I point out that he isn't he always replies, "You know what the book said MOm... I am 9, so I am going through puberty". It doesn't matter what I tell him... he is convinced that he has been in the throws of puberty for the past three years.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 3:10 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• oh my, I would say it is to young, but because of all the stuff they put in our food... Kids are going through puberty early because of it.

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 3:07 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• So sorry! But yes, it is possible that he is entering puberty. I knew a girl who started her period at 9.
    Gooberzilla

Answer by Gooberzilla at 3:08 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• It's young but it can happen., I started at 10...I think we had the puberty talk in fifth grade. Now is the time to talk to him about his changing body-if you haven't already.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 3:14 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• No he isnt too young sorry yes you are in denial :) I know how you feel I have two boys 9 and 12 and I am dealing with it all right now. They grow up so fast :(
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 3:17 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• My DD is getting pimples and boobies and asking about sex--she is ten and I am offically in HELL---I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL!!
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 2:39 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Yeah, denial. Sorry :(

I had my first period when I was 10, and was wearing a c cup by 11... I def do not think he's too young.
    Get him a lock for his door.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 3:10 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• i started my period when i was 8. and i woke up one day with boobs. not small ones either. i have been wearing double D's since i was 10. so i know its sad and heartbreaking but it def sounds like puberty.
    TXMOMMY23

Answer by TXMOMMY23 at 4:59 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• It really depends on the boy. Mine started getting pimples as 10, but no hair until 12.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 2:35 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• It sounds young to me. My son is nine and he is still very much a litlle boy. I was just watching a show on obesity and many children are going into puberty early because of this, it was a show that was trying to disprove that growth hormones in food cause any side effects...so not sure if it's a real reason, you know. Is he overweight?
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 3:11 AM on Jun. 26, 2010