Who makes more money, you or your hubby?

How do you feel about your situation and how does your hubby feel?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:50 AM on Jun. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Since I haven't had a job in almost 38 years, that would be my hubby.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 6:21 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Oops. Just saw the second part of the question. We are both very happy with this arrangement. My hubby has always wanted me to be at home, and that's where I want to be, too. So it has worked very, very well for us.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 6:23 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I make more.... I just started working again ( I was a SAHM for my son's first year) and I can tell it makes him insecure....
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 6:44 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I was the major breadwinner until I quit to go back to school and stay at home to raise our children; that was 12 years ago. I'm still a SAHM who does consulting on a "pick-and-choose" basis so hubby definitely makes more than I do. We've always considered it "our" money, and the situation works very well for us. I think the key for us is that we've always had the same financial goals as far as where we wanted to be at certain points in our life. Money is the one thing we've never fought about.
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 6:48 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• He does and I'm fine with that. I always thought that was the way it was suppose to be.
    DaisyDayse

Answer by DaisyDayse at 6:59 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• He does now, I am a SAHM. When we first got married almost 27 years ago I DID until I left my job as a federal engineer and became a Christian school teacher. Then he made LOTS more than me. It is OUR money (not his or hers).
    plclemo

Answer by plclemo at 7:01 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• My DH makes more then me.

Answer by louise2 at 7:30 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I'm a SAHM, so he makes more! It's fine with both of us - it's OUR money, not MINE or HIS.

Answer by missanc at 7:59 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I'm a SAHM, so he makes the money. But he laughs at me cause I hardly ever spend any, although he would let me if I wanted. I'm one of those who doesn't get something unless I can't stand not to have it, and I let him spoil me sometimes, but most of the time I don't spend money on myself. But he looks at it as our money. It makes him happy, I think to be able to provide for us and even be able to do a little extra for us every now and then. And he knows I appreciate his hard work and that I wouldn't take advantage of his income. :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 8:13 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I make slightly more than he does but if he works o/t he makes more. We work for the same co. and I don't get offered as much o/t as he does. He doesn't care who makes more; although I'm better at managing money than he is so I usually have more to spend.
    FrogSalad

Answer by FrogSalad at 8:19 AM on Jun. 26, 2010