Going into Kindergarten?

Any of your kiddos going into kindergarten? Im so stressed about this!

DaisyDayse

Asked by DaisyDayse at 7:06 AM on Jun. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Yes I have a daughter going into KG, she was in Sure Start Last year which is preschool at the school. They prepare them for school. There isnt anything to stress about. Your child will have so much fun and learn so much. Good luck
    athenagmb

Answer by athenagmb at 7:10 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• My youngest daughter is going to kindergarden this year, im not too stressed because she went to pre-K this past year in the same school.
    whatthefawna

Answer by whatthefawna at 7:16 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• There is a wonderful (and drama free) group on CafeMom for mothers of elementary school aged kids. There is wonderful advice, from parents and teachers, just waiting for you! http://www.cafemom.com/group/41

Answer by rkoloms at 7:32 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• My daughter, 4, will be entering kindergarten in September. We just completed a wonderful pre-k year that she really enjoyed.
    lizmarie1975

Answer by lizmarie1975 at 7:38 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Yes, my son will be going to kindergarten. I was blessed to have my mom as his caregiver will I work. I am used to calling to just check in everyday on him. I am beyond stressing at the thought of letting him go...I will most defintely have my box of kleenex ready God knows I will need it! I will be taking off the first couple of days from work just to be there if he needs me. However, honestly I think it is much harder on me, then it is on him...lol. He is excited and loves being around other children. I will be saying lots of prayers to get me through...
    Kellyjude1

Answer by Kellyjude1 at 7:45 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• DD is starting Kinder this year. A little stressed, but I've known her teacher for several years, and DD has known her since DS was in her class a few years ago. I think we're all ready to go.
    CaLizzyMom

Answer by CaLizzyMom at 8:27 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• i have a son starting kindergarten this year. i like how the school is set up. he will have the same teacher his brother had last year. their classrooms are right next to each other, and they will have lunch and at least one recess together. dh and i can have lunch with them anytime we want to. the teacher provides many opportunities for parents to come in to volunteer too!
    my son had a wonderful time in kindergarten last year and he learned so much! i hope son #2 has a great time too!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:28 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Don't be stressed, been there done that! this is the best thing and a start for the future of your child. The beginning to a wonderful journey embrace it.

Answer by older at 9:49 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Kinder is a lot of fun. Don't stress out too much, it might rub off on her and make her more apprehensive about going to big kid school. If you have neighbors that have kids your DD's age then make sure she gets to know them before school starts.

My DD is going into kinder this year and we have quite a few kids within a few blocks of us that will be going into K this year too. We are trying to organize a few fun days this summer so that they can all get to know each other so when they go to school for either orientation or the first day they won't be as stressed if they see some familiar faces.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:05 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• My DD starts this year and I am a bit worried, she did not go to any pre-k stuff because of some health issues and I worry she is going to be that one kid that cries for the first month. I am hoping she starts off loving it and wont cry to much. We have been together a lot because of the health issues she has had and I am scared that she wont do well without me right there. BUT I think I am making it all worse in my head then it will really be, at least I hope I am!
    BusyBeesmom

Answer by BusyBeesmom at 10:31 AM on Jun. 26, 2010