How hot is too hot?

I want to take my DS out today to a festival, but it's supposed to be like 98 degrees. Of course I'm bringing water and ice in the cooler, but can it be too hot to take out a toddler? He's almost 2..

new_mom808

Asked by new_mom808 at 7:16 AM on Jun. 26, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• As long as you take the necessary precautions to prevent dehydration and sunburn, you should be ok. If possible, take breaks in places that have airconditioner.
    lizmarie1975

Answer by lizmarie1975 at 7:36 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I think it will be ok. Just put a hat on him. And sun screen. And light colored cloths.

Answer by louise2 at 7:22 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• maybe if you go in the cooler part of the day and stay near some shade. He will probably be ok.
    minasmama6

Answer by minasmama6 at 7:25 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• If there will be places where you can get out of the heat every 30 minutes, or so, then you should go! And have a great time!!

Answer by rkoloms at 7:34 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I think it depends where you are. Is it a dry heat,or will there be alot of humidity?I'd avoid the times between 10am and 4 pm because these are peak sun times.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:15 AM on Jun. 26, 2010