when did you move them?

just curious when you moved your child out of the toddler bed. What did you move them into next? I have two 18 months apart, I think the next step, when they're ready of course, will either be the elder moved into a twin, or bunk beds for the two of them, both boys. just curious, thanks!

Adeline1210

Asked by Adeline1210 at 7:21 AM on Jun. 26, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I moved my DD's to a regular kids bed at 2 or so.

Answer by louise2 at 7:23 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• mine did fine in a twin bed at two yr. old.
    minasmama6

Answer by minasmama6 at 7:23 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• We never used toddler beds at all - moved them straight from crib to a twin bed with a rail around 2.

Answer by missanc at 7:26 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• We've never used toddler beds. My daughter, 4, is still sleeping in her crib that converted to a daybed. Next month she'll get bunkbeds.
    lizmarie1975

Answer by lizmarie1975 at 7:37 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• my boys are 18 months apart. they got bunk beds at 1 and 3. the older usually sleeps with the younger, even now that they are 5 and 6. the younger really slept with us until he was 2. those boys never did toddler beds.
    i have 2 yo twins, one is in a toddler bed and one is on a twin mattress on the floor. next year i will have 3 boys in a triple bunk ages3,6 and 7, and i will have a 1 yo in a toddler bed, and a 3 yo in a full.
    for us now, it is about the beds we have and the space we have : )
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 8:40 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I did bunk beds next, funny I just realized I did that with all of them.They all had bnk beds for a few years after.My 21 month old won't have the bunkbeds, I think anyway.We'll pt him right into a regular twin bed.(last one)
    Stefono

Answer by Stefono at 9:21 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Our 2 1/2 year old is still in a toddler bed. (its spongebob, he loves it) I don't think we're going to change his bed until he outgrows it, although before we got it (after he was out of the crib) he slept in a twin (it was pretty much on the floor).
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:30 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• My boys are in 3 1/2 and 2 1/2 they are both in toddler beds. We are thinking of getting them bunk beds for Christmas. Regular twin beds would take up too much space in their room.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 9:47 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• My DD was 22 months old, she passed from the crib to the bed directly but it was a bed on the floor, the Akura bed from Ikea, it's a loft bed and you can put a mattress underneath. She liked it so much that she decided to go to sleep there in her own.

shining8250

Answer by shining8250 at 9:51 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I moved them out of the crib when they could climb out of it! I have 2 boys 17 months apart and I moved them into a double bed. I figured they would keep each other company and make them less likely to crawl into my bed and wake me up :-) They are now 8 & 10 and they still like to sleep in the same bed together!
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 12:59 PM on Jun. 26, 2010