acid reflux? 35 weeks pregnant.

last night i ate alot of spicy foods because thats what i have craved through out my pregnancy.. now i deff regreting it.. i feel like throwing up! has anyone eles had acid reflux and threw up because of it while pregnant? will it harm the baby?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:52 AM on Jun. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I had acid reflux for at least the last 8 weeks of pregnancy. It was horrible I couldn't eat for 4 hours before going to bed or I would throw up everytime. I took tums after my last meal of the day and right before bed and it seemed to help a lot. I don't think throwing up is going to hurt the baby directly ... just make him/her uncomfortable because of all the muscle tightening lol
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 7:57 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Yep - I've been throwing up pretty much the entire 9 months due to acid reflux. You can take Tums, and sometimes drinking milk will help. My dr actually put me on Nexium (it was the 5th medication we tried) because I was losing weight. I still throw up even with the Nexium, but only 1-2 times/week instead of daily - I'm 37 weeks.

Answer by missanc at 7:58 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I had horrible heartburn during my pregnancies so I kinda can relate. I would crave spice food, try not to eat it, give in and end up sick to my stomach and with major heartburn. So Not fun. I swear I was buying Tums almost every week. I had to keep them on me. Dh joke I was keeping them in bussiness.

I don't really know what you can do other than Not eat spicy food and take Tums, but it's not easy. I had heartburn with all 5 of my kids and they turned out fine. The funny thing is I kept being told that heartburn means the kid will be born with lots of hair. All 5 of my kids were bald, lol! (maybe heartburn singed their hair off, LOL)

Hope you feel better soon. :-)
    abcxyz

Answer by abcxyz at 8:05 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• you can take probiotics and that should help
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 8:12 AM on Jun. 26, 2010