Am I being selfish?

Im having a birthday party today for my 4 yr old. His bday is on Monday. The problem is a girl she a

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:06 AM on Jun. 26, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I'd forget about it. You can spend all day angry instead of enjoying the day. Just know that you made this day special for your child and forget about her. Let her child and yours have a good time and just avoid her.... being angry will just make you stressed and unhappy! Have fun :)
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 8:09 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Just ignore her and go ahead and plan you party for your son, tell her you don't want to share your sons party, you want it to be his special day with his friends. If she can't afford a party, than I guess she just can't have one, kids don't need a party every year.
    staceynoel

Answer by staceynoel at 8:14 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I think you are being selfish but at the detriment of yourself. Be happy that you can afford it and share the love...even if she is a freeloader I would forget that. I would just do something nice because you can.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 8:26 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Irked, but let it go. She couldn't afford what you wanted to do. And especially if it is a park, let them come and have a good time in all good will.

Answer by Bmat at 8:09 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• no your not selfish...your friend the free-loader is selfish but i'm sure she knows it and she probably doesnt care. She probably gets a high from getting stuff for free and knowing she is probably pissing people off.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:10 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• If she told you that she didn't have the money and you spent a lot of money anyway, you can't expect her to help pay. She already told you she couldn't.

Just let it go and enjoy the day.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 8:20 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• The party shouldn't be for both children since she isn't helping pay for it, but it would be sweet to mention that it is her son's birthday. You could even give him a small gift as they are leaving. She wanted to share a party, but it sounds to me as though your plans were more than she could afford, so she had to back off. I wouldn't assume she is a freeloader or anything like that, just on a limited budget. This is probably why she thought it might work to split the party. Probably she is upset that her child isn't getting a party. She probably didn't feel that she should or could try to compete with your elaborate event.

Answer by Bmat at 8:20 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Youre not being selfish but you should tell her how you feel.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 8:24 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I'd probably be irritated but not say anything and let the kids have a good time. Make it a great day for the kids, chalk it up to a learning experience and next year plan things differently.
    FrogSalad

Answer by FrogSalad at 8:26 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• You're not being selfish but I'd let it go. Just avoid handing out with her too much in the future. Happy bday to your little one!
    pipermomofash

Answer by pipermomofash at 8:31 AM on Jun. 26, 2010