Is there anything at the grocery store that your kids beg for but you refuse to buy..either because its too expensive or too junky?

shay1130

Asked by shay1130 at 8:28 AM on Jun. 26, 2010 in General Parenting

• my son loves those taquitos but i refuse to ever buy them because they are almost 7.00 dollars for a pack of only 24...i think its crazy!!
    shay1130

Comment by shay1130 (original poster) at 8:30 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Not really. She's used to pointing out just what we usually buy. Though sometimes she'll see something with fun pictures of animals or something and ask for it. DH is the one who tries sneaking crap food in. Not so much sweets, but unhealthy "instant" meals.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 8:35 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• well, not really because they are expensive, but it could easily GET expensive... we are now at "no goldfish" and "no animal crackers"... my girls sneaked (snuck? lol.) a big industrial size box of goldfish into their room a few months back, and hid it... then when they woke up in the morning, i walked in there and they had poured the goldfish EVERYWHERE... a few months later (about 2 weeks ago...) they sneaked/snuck an industrial size container of animal crackers into their room... same thing. psh!

before people get on me for not watching them... i do. they play all around the house. 2 seconds of me not in the same room as them, and the house is DONE for. lol. i go to the bathroom and they find something. it's not like they were dumping it while playing. they SPECIFICALLY hid the boxes until everyone was asleep. grrr.
    gracefulsky

Answer by gracefulsky at 8:35 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Nope, junk food is allowed in our house. We always have dessert after every meal and if she wants to snack she can either have a healthy salad or cheetos. I don't mind. She's really tiny and her doctor says whenever she wants to eat something willingly, even the junkiest food, I should be happy!
    pipermomofash

Answer by pipermomofash at 8:35 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Really sugary cereal. I break out into a cold sweat before we go down that aisle.....
    CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 8:36 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I go shopping alone so this isn't a problem for me.
    AmazingAmanda

Answer by AmazingAmanda at 8:38 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• They always want something. snacks, they'll ask for a few of them but I only let them each pick one.Then they hit me up again at the check out line for candy, I almost always say no.
    Stefono

Answer by Stefono at 8:43 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• my kids ask for things they see commercials for, like pop tarts and yogurt. we just keep on walking and we say it has poison in it! we do get the organic yogurt in the tubes, but they haven't seen commercials for them, so they don't have the same appeal.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:15 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Churros

Answer by rkoloms at 9:23 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• No the only thing my son wants everytime we go shopping is lots of strawberries. I have never given him anything junky. My boyfriend told me when he was around 1 years old that him and my son went past a sweet stall and a fruit/veg stall on the market that were both next to each other. My son was reaching out for the fruit and veg atall :) So proud of that lol!!!
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 9:23 AM on Jun. 26, 2010