Heat rash.....

My 19 month old son has heat rash. It's all over his neck and shoulders and in the creases of his arms and legs. I know there is nothing you can really do for it, right now he's cool and naked. I was wondering if anyone else had this issue with their child, and if so, what did you do besides the keeping them cool and removing clothes?

Born2BAMommy5

Asked by Born2BAMommy5 at 8:59 AM on Jun. 26, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• When my children were little, somebody made a heat powder that you just dusted on like you would regular baby powder. I cannot remember the name of it, but you might check the Gold Bond or Ammens brands to see if they make one.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:05 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I've had this with all of my kids.It would come & go. They all pretty much grew out of it.I didn't do much for it, besides let it take it's coarse & regular baths in oatmeal bath packets from BABY AVEENO.
    Stefono

Answer by Stefono at 9:06 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• we bought lil one those fruit of the loom cotton shirts to wear...rub em with lotion when they get up in the morning
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 9:06 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• My son is 7 years old and has a condition where he sweats a lot. There's really nothing much we can do except keep him cool and hydrated. Dark clothing will keep heat in....wear clothing that is light and airy...hope your little one feels better soon....
    Safirejewl

Answer by Safirejewl at 9:07 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• We did the whole lotion thing when he woke up, and it would make it worse, so we stopped that. The poor thing will come up to you like he wants a hug, then turn around and rub his back on you. :( I feel so bad cause I can't really do anything. Plus he's cuttin ghis 2 year molars.....omg, he's falling apart!!
    Born2BAMommy5

Comment by Born2BAMommy5 (original poster) at 9:14 AM on Jun. 26, 2010