Has anyone ever been monitored because ob thought baby was not as active has it should be!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:01 AM on Jun. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I have been. It turns out she did all her moving while i was asleep I hope Its something like that for you..
    brittney.h.

Answer by brittney.h. at 9:08 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• are you talking about non-stress tests? I know quite a few women who had those (myself included) during their pregnancy.
    jreneei

Answer by jreneei at 9:12 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I've been having NST (non stress tests) twice a week for the past few weeks, and will continue to until delivery to make sure my baby does continue to move adequately. With my 2nd I had a couple NSTs and when he wouldn't move while I was on the machine they used a "buzzer" to get him to move. This is my 5th - some babies just aren't as active, but it's good that your dr is keeping an eye on things!

Answer by missanc at 9:28 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I had a couple non-stress tests done throughout my pregnancy, but that was it. Nothing too serious.
    KJohnson4762

Answer by KJohnson4762 at 9:30 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I had NST 2-3 times a week with my third baby because I was obese and it was now considered a high risk pregnancy. Several times I was there for 2 hours or more because they baby wasn't moving, well I am sure she was moving, but it wasn't picked up on the test. The nurse and OB would come in and press down lightly trying to bother her into moving and they did the buzzer. My baby was fine. Like others said some babies move more than others. Some babies move more at night than during the day and you don't realize it so much because you are hopefully asleep. Know that being monitored you are in the best of hands! If it bothers you I know that with my first baby we had a massaging LazyBoy and everytime I sat in it and turned it on he went wild :) A nurse also told me drinking juice and sitting back will make some babies more active. Don't stress out!
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 10:00 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Yes, I had many NST, ultrasounds, and was even admitted once. He is here and healthy now:) I had polyhydramnios, but aside from that he just was not very active in there!
    BandME

Answer by BandME at 10:30 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Yes, with all three of my kids. At some point they just get to be too big and don't move as much. When that happens it's hard to do kick counts. It's just a precaution, so don't worry.
    Mrs.B3

Answer by Mrs.B3 at 2:33 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• OB's do a lot of things to cover their butts. This is probably one of them.
    squish

Answer by squish at 2:45 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• My DD has NST biweekly for movement... Her little one is a sleepy baby. Infact , we went to her NST yesteray,ob wasnt happy with babys movement she was sent hospital for BPP!!! For those that never had BPP this a 30 minute test where they monitor the babys hr, movement, breathing,muscle tone and nst results. I don't think they need the muscle tone. My DD scored 8/8 but with difficulty. She almost failed the test because it took them 30 minutes to get baby to moved had to zap and shake her to get movement. Once they got her to move they watched her practice breathing she started breathing but had to repeat several times because they want the baby to breath for 30 seconds and keep stopping and restarting until baby had 30 continuely breathing. Well, me being a worrier was very concerned. My DD thinks that this was just a lazy day for baby. We did speak to her ob before leaving and ob suggest that we start discussing induction
    mimilinda

Answer by mimilinda at 8:17 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• within the next couple of weeks via c-section!!! Not sure if I mentioned that DD was dx with IURG at 29 weeks. It is to not bad about 2 weeks behind in both head and femur.Another thing is that baby girl is frank breech. If, she is this lazy we don't expect her to get in position. The guesstamated weight was 4'15 not to bad for 35 weeks almost 5lbs. We were excited to hear this. But me being a worrier I wasn't happy with them taking almost 30 minutes to get baby movement and pratice breathing. She did pass with 8/8 just wonder if they told ob how hard it was to get the baby to move and breath. My anxiety come from my DD have three m/c in one year before conceiving our precious little girl!!! I will continue to pray for our little miracle baby to until we are holding her in our arms..Please say a prayer for my DD and her little baby... Thanks so such for letting me vent... Just want a healthy baby!!!
    mimilinda

Answer by mimilinda at 8:43 AM on Aug. 10, 2010