Obama facing hard sell at G8, is anyone surprised?

It seems that other countries aren't really understanding the 'borrow and spend your way out of debt' theory our government is currently working on. Is it surprising that he faces a hard sell for stimulus when our economy is still horrible and with Biden promptly finding a mic after being set free from time out to blurt out the truth about unemployment not getting better any time soon? Is it possible that our government is orchestrated to seem out of concert with each other, or is this yet another unintended fumble?

QuinnMae

Asked by QuinnMae at 9:47 AM on Jun. 26, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Notice how the ardent supporters of this pair

I notice I haven't really noticed any since they turned anon off...

As for the G8 conference, I find this a perfect example of the whole gimme mentality - they pledged to increase aid to women and small children, despite the fact that so many of these countries are pushing bankruptcy, and already people are whining that they should've given more.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/06/26/2937885.htm?section=justin

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:41 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I would LOVE to have a front row seat!! LOL :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:10 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I'll go look it up, but I could swear - wasn't it during the last G8 that Obama had to do the nastygram from overseas correcting something Biden had said? Something on the health care disaster, I think?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:12 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• OK I give up "Obama corrects Biden" "Biden contradicts Obama" "Biden gaffes" - who has time to read through 9 million pages? Especially when so many of them are about different incidents??? I'm positive one of them was while Biden was home and Obama was in Europe, though, because I remember them making the point of him "correcting Biden from overseas"
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:22 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Interesting.... Can't wait to see what happens.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 9:51 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I don't think ANYONE actually "likes" Obama. They just have to keep defending him because he's there guy. I know I defended Bush sometimes just because I voted for him
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:25 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• OK I give up "Obama corrects Biden" "Biden contradicts Obama" "Biden gaffes" - who has time to read through 9 million pages? Especially when so many of them are about different incidents???

***
    Notice how the ardent supporters of this pair, never jump in to correct us? Yet they have the audacity to CONTINUE to pick on people like McCain and Palin! How ironic! LOL :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:35 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• You have a point, Lovin.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 12:12 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• He is pushing socialism, and those other countries know it does not work, they have already tried it.

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 3:22 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• QuinnMae

Comment by QuinnMae (original poster) at 9:48 AM on Jun. 26, 2010