Question for moms with older children. (mid-teens and older)

Do you ever get sad and upset that your child is no longer a baby? I mean I know he/she will ALWAYS be YOUR baby, but he/she isn't literally a baby. When I think about my LO's growing up and possibly moving away I get emotional. It scares me to know that one day they won't be here every single day for me to hold and love on...

renea20

Asked by renea20 at 9:50 AM on Jun. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Yes, I agree. But there are precious times ahead too. You may not see them as often ,but nothing compares to have them just stand with their arm around you, help you cook, understand why you might be stressed, etc. etc. Each phase brings a new connection. They turn into your friends not just children. Enjoy every minute!!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 10:15 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Yes, it is the cycle of life, you nurture away and then they leave the nest, if you do it right they will never really leave too far, mine never have, they are 22, 31, and 32, they have their own life but share it with me. Once you get to this point you learn to adapt and be thankful for what you do get, it is just another of the many phases of life.

Answer by older at 9:55 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Older....

I hope I'm able to look at it the way you do!
    renea20

Comment by renea20 (original poster) at 10:00 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• sure sometimes. But I also try to simply enjoy the moments we have left. time is precious and I try not to waste it being sad about things beyond my control kwim? but yes....I miss him being my baby who one day wanted ot marry me as he loved me soooo much lol.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 10:03 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Oh yes....I miss those years when they were my little girls....so sweet and loving.
    Every child grows up to be a unique individual, but you won't always like everything that they become. It is true that you will always love them, but sometimes you will wonder where the heck they were all the years you raised them because some children don't end up being the same children you raised.
    I raised my babies and now I am related to adults who I may or may not always like. :)
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 11:28 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• No because my sons are strong and independent and they go forth with all of the wisdom and love I gave them and our friends and family. I will miss them but not for long. I know when they get ready they will call me.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 11:30 AM on Jun. 26, 2010