Is there an animal you refuse to let your kids have?

What is it and why?

LancesMom

Asked by LancesMom at 9:56 AM on Jun. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Reptiles
    They just freak me out
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:57 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Snakes or spiders. I would not be able to get any sleep if they had one of these in the house!
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 9:58 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• No snakes or spiders. Just yuck!
    fairyinabubble

Answer by fairyinabubble at 9:59 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Cats. I have developed an allergy to them. I also don't like that they walk around in their own waste in a litter box and then walk on counters spreading those germs.

No snakes, spiders, frogs, turtles . . . oh heck, I guess after our dog is no longer with us the kids will have to settle on a fish.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:01 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Have to agree with the others, no snakes or spiders!
    I also have one a little different, no cats. That is because I had cat scratch fever when i was young, so one kitty scratch landed me in the hospital for two weeks!
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 10:02 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• A pit bull or otherwise violent dog.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 10:06 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Spiders and snakes! why? BECAUSE THEY FREAK ME OUT!

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 10:11 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• We will NOT have dogs while my son is young right now. we feel dogs are not safe around younger children.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 10:12 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Like everyone else - no snakes or spiders.

But to add to that - no hamsters. I have two horrible childhood experiences with hamsters, and now I hate them with a passion! First: In the first grade, the class hamster ran up my pants leg. I jumped up and down trying to get him out, was bitten, and then was FUSSED AT because I could've hurt him while jumping.
    Second: Was holding my hamster in one hand, my sisters in the other, and they lunged at each other. My thumb got in the middle of the fight, and the hamster refused to leg go. My mom ended up having to squeeze it's head to get it off of me. I have a very visible scar on my thumb to this day.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 10:43 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I'm an animal lover, but reptiles just creep me out. We have horses, rabbits, cats, dogs, have had hamsters and guinea pigs.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 11:20 AM on Jun. 26, 2010