Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

How to find infomation about someone? Marriage/Divorce, Background, Family.

My aunt has been dating this guy for a while and we know nothing about him. He just showed up one day. We have a name and where he says he is from. I know she is grown and can date who she wants, but this guy come to all our family functions and I have a 3 year old son and ha creeps me out the way he is always telling me he is so cute/pretty/beautiful. It not the same way normal people do it. My aunts son-in-law has noticed it also and is worried, because they, too, have a 3 year old boy. Our family functions are full of children and seveeral are small boys which he seems to gravitate to.
He has moved in her house and stoppesd working. My uncle (her brother) said he has started drinking liqure bad. We just want to find out some information on this guy: background, personal, criminal, family, marriage (I would love to find his ex.).
He claims to have kids and grandkids, but spends every holiday with my aunts family.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 10:03 AM on Jun. 26, 2010 in About CafeMom

Answers (7)
  • i think there are websites where you can purchase this information. Just google it.

    Answer by lowencope at 10:05 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

  • There are plenty of websites that offer to do this service for you for a fee. However, I do notknow how accurate they are. Just google 'background check'

    Or you could just try to google the guy's name.

    Some states have websites where you can look up court docket sheets in individuals.

    In the mean time, I'd go with your gut and keep you child away from him

    And, keep in mind, even if you present your aunt with this information, she may not want to hear it and actually get mad at you.

    Answer by layh41407 at 10:08 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

  • Your can find out if he is a sex offender by googling sex offender and his state. You can use to buy detailed information, but it will provide some information to make sure you have the right person preliminary. Some states have divorce records online, others don't. Do some searching and I hope you can find the information you need. In the meantime, I would keep your son away from him. If more people listened to their gut instincts, more people would not find themselves in unsafe situations.

    Answer by jamesonjustines at 10:09 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

  • I have a subscription to NetDetective, and depending on the level of subscription you purchase, you can find out ANY public information about anyone--this includes court records, legal documents, etc.

    But I would first exhaust all of the free avenues first. Google his name--both formal and nickname in quotes and play around with key words (like known cities, states, any ex girlfriends he may have mentioned, siblings and/or parents names, etc., and see what you can find! The internet is a wealth of information! :o)

    Answer by LoriKeet at 10:16 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

  • If you get the vibe run with it and do not leave any children alone with him. Maybe you can find out if he is a registered pedifile use Meagans law if he lives there run the address on GL Momma

    Answer by pinkdragon36 at 11:02 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

  • Maybe contact the police and see if they have any info on this guy. If not then you can look up detective websites that help you get info. Check with the BBB to make sure they are legit. When your instincts are telling you this guy is creepy, you better listen. I hope your aunt doesn't have small children.

    Answer by Austinsmom35 at 1:50 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

  • Records of many criminal acts (like child molestation) are open to public inquiry. Has anyone in your family tried talking to your aunt?

    Answer by KarmicChild at 9:33 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.