Mixed babies hair?

Looking for some adivce on dd's hair. She is 1/4th black and her hair is coming in really corse and thick and curly. I'm just not sure how to manage it. I don't want to put something in it to mess it up or anything. My hair is just frizzy and I know how to handle that. Any ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:06 AM on Jun. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• how long is her hair?
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 10:21 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Go to a salon that serves a lot of African Americans and ask them for tips on products and such. I would recommend keeping it natural and just using product. A perm could really harm her hair.

Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 10:26 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• well what you can do it get some grease(its like gel for that type of hair) and get a soft bristle brush and but the grease on the front of the hair close to the forehead and use the soft brush start brushing back and put everything into a ponytail. you can find t0ons of stuff on youtube.com
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 10:29 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• my sister is mixed, i know what you mean. she's always complaining about it. she uses grease in her hair. most girls use this stuff, i think it's called Pink...i could be wrong though. it's either called Pink or it is pink lol. she's tried it, but it doesn't work on her hair. we heard about it through a friend who has her own mixed children and she swears by it. go to Sally's (or some other hair store) and ask, they should know what it is.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 10:30 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I am biracial I straighten mine when its not straightened i do not use anything but my friend uses something called sheen or afro sheen google it i think they have a whole line.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:41 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Its Lusters pink oil sheen sorry
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:43 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• carol's daughter hair milk..best products on the market..a bit more expensive than sally's haircare lines, but well worth it! plus, all their products smell so nice, not greasy or oily. you don't want to start caring for her hair by using any kind of brush, wet or dry-that will only pull/stretch wet hair, and cause frizz. as her hair grows and gets tangly, you'll need to use wide-toothed combs to detangle, working from the bottom up to the scalp, slowly. always apply products (whichever you choose to use) appropriately and distribute well into the hair, then comb it through to the ends, allowing natural flow/wave/curl to bounce back into place, without disturbing it. drying naturally will be your best finished look. if you choose to use barretts/headbands/etc, place them while hair is still damp, without pulling or tugging the hair. (cont)
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:52 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• curly hair is best treated with diligent use of products for curly/wavy/textured hair, little or no heat in styling (unless you're straightening), and no disturbance by touch during the drying process. if you choose to loosen the curl/wave after its completely dry, you can gently 'shake' hair from the underneath, or separate curls with your wide-spread fingers, like a rake, but minimally. the more you touch curly hair, the bigger it will end up.curls are great, especially on little ones, who don't usually like a lot of fuss anyway.
    btw, if you go to the carol's daughter website, you can find tips on styling hair, too.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:55 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:58 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• you could use smooth n shine...it's a conditioning hair product that is in the african american part in the hair supplies at wal mart..it's not grease tho. i am native american and i use that too. it makes the hair look smooth n shiney..lol. and i use a type of smoothing brush also when i wear it in a pontytail to make it look smooth.
    MoMMy2aDiVA08

Answer by MoMMy2aDiVA08 at 12:44 PM on Jun. 26, 2010