How many loads of laundry do you do each week?

I swear, it's like I am buried in laundry all the time. Constantly washing and folding. I have given up taking the clothes to the kid's rooms this week, they are just folded in baskets in my room. I am soooooo sick of it. At what age is it appropriate to teach kids to do their own laundry?

QuinnMae

Asked by QuinnMae at 10:07 AM on Jun. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I think my laundry reproduces during the night while we are sleeping! LOL there are 3 of us but i swear there is more laundry than we should be having! I do at least 2 loads a DAY.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 10:09 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Too many! LOL
    MunchMunch

Answer by MunchMunch at 10:12 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I don't count!! It would make me very depressed!! LOL!! That reminds me, I have to go put a load in now!
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 10:09 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• At least one a day, if not more. I'm with you Quinn. I learned to do my own laundry in middle school, I think. Definitely did my own in high school. My oldest is 12, and I'm moving in that direction.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 10:09 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Oops, didn't read the whole question, I think they can learn how to sort the clothes at about 6 or so. Actually putting it in the washer and dryer, they need to be able to reach all the controls and be responsible for the amount of soap and such, so they don't ruin the machines, maybe about 10-12.

Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 10:11 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• my laundry NEVER STOPS!!!! I have a 9months old that loves to get into things and a very active DH that plays basketball and soccer so I am always SWAMPED in laundry
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 10:21 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• i use to only do 4 loads a week all in one day, but our dryer broke and our washing machine cant drain water. so now im washing 2 loads a day in our bathtub, spinning it dry in the washing machine, and then hanging it to dry throughout the house...talk about depressing!!

i learned how to do laundry in middle school and i was plenty old enough...i easily could have learned earlier than 12. laundry isnt too hard to learn how to do it, just a pain sometimes.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:22 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• About 8. I wash every other day. I'd say by 12 they can do their own.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:23 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• DS is 7 and he learned to fold and put away when he was 5. We've started showing him how the washer and dryer work, but he's not quite tall enough to reach it all yet, so for now he only "helps" with that part. I'm sure once he's tall enough to reach all the way to the bottom of the washer to get the clothes out he will lose all interest and it will no longer be fun.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:35 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• We have six people living in this house! we do about 5-8 loads a week!

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 10:10 AM on Jun. 26, 2010