Do you groom your own dogs?

Or do you pay a groomer, and what do you use to facilitate the process?

Asked by older at 10:14 AM on Jun. 26, 2010 in Pets

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • used to take all 3 to the groomers..but i cant afford to anymore, so i bought some clippers and i do it myself..it actually works pretty good, i am happy with the results!! :)
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 6:48 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• We groom our pets. We do so because it is just to expensive to take them to a groomer. We use cutting shears for pets, fillers for their nails, shampoo and the stuff they need for ticks and flees. We also de-worm them as well.

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 10:17 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I take my skipperkee (sp?) mix to a grooming school...its about 10 sometimes free and they always do a good job...I make sure I take him on the nights the advance students are in though, NEVER when the newbies are there.

My other two are pit mixes and I groom them @ home. I bought a long shower hose for the shower and use a dremel on their nails.
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 10:16 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Well, I can't say I groom our dogs. But we have a Yorkie, and 2 Daschunds, and my husband grooms all three!
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 10:18 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I have done both. I have a shih tzu, she definetely looks better when the groomer does it, but my friend has great clippers she lets me use and it saves $40. Lucky for me she is a good dog and doesn't mind being shaved.
    BandME

Answer by BandME at 10:25 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• we use a groomer. she's a short-hair dog, so its not like she needs trimming ever. but after purchasing a $35 nail trimmer, and still not being able to get her nails cut, i gladly pay the extra $ for this service. plus, she tends to get swollen anal glands, so...not going there, either.
    gotta keep the economy rolling somehow!!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:31 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I groom my dogs. I wash, brush, and cut their hair. I cut their nails.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 10:32 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Yes, I do, but I have a Boxer. He's short haired and holds still for me in the bath tub. Getting him in there is a different story though.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 10:34 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• We have done both. We have 2 dogs (Black lab and an aussie mix) and both at about 70 lbs, so its quite a workout when we groom them.
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 10:36 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• i have a pit so the most grooming he needs is a bath and his nails clipped. so i do it. i brush his teeth now and then too.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 12:00 PM on Jun. 26, 2010