is your dh very smart?

i swear mine is really book smart, but lacking in the common sense department sometimes!
our electric kettle just broke, and instead of thinking the kettle was broken, he spent 30 minutes checking the outlets!!!!
sometimes you have to let a man do what he wants to do, but what a wasted of time!!!
so i let him piddle around and then told him to try the kettle in another outlet, and then to try the toaster in the suspected "broken" outlet.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:47 AM on Jun. 26, 2010 in About CafeMom

• LOL about your practical solution to the is the kettle or the outlet broken incident!

My husband is also very smart. From time to time his solutions aren't practical, but usually they are, and I have my non-practical solutions too at times. :)

Answer by Bmat at 10:53 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• My husband is literally a genius, he is in Mensa, so yes very smart. However the kids will break a stupid wind up toy from the dollar store and he will spend an hour or more taking it apart and making it work again for them. Common sense? Completely lacking!!!!!!
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 10:55 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• My husband is very intelligent and has a degree in Architectural Engineering. He does have issues with simple fixes LOL He tends to take simple household repairs to an extreme.
    queenbree545

Answer by queenbree545 at 11:02 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Yes my dh is very smart, and also handy around the house.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 10:49 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• My DH is kind of the opposite. He's not what I would call "book smart", but he's extremely good when it comes to anything common sense-wise, and he's very good with anything mechanical. He understands the ins and outs of just about everything.

Just don't ask him how to spell.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 10:51 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• my dh is too smart sometimes he makes me feel so dumb
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 10:50 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• My husband is quite intelligent, I think. At least we're pretty evenly/equally matched, which I love. Its great to have stimulating conversations - its a whole other layer of attraction for us, I guess, being with someone who can think, especially when we think so similarly, LOL.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 11:21 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I believe he is and he has more common sense smarts than I do...lol.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 12:11 PM on Jun. 26, 2010