How did YOU manage to sleep while pregnant?

I feel like a zombie today. I can't sleep at night because I can NOT get comfortable. I've tried pillows between my knees, behind my back, propping my belly.

When I do manage to sleep, I'm having strange dreams. Most often, they are nightmares.

I had the same problems with my first pregnancy, but nowhere near so extreme. Any tips? How did/do YOU get a good nights sleep?

DusterMommy

Asked by DusterMommy at 10:48 AM on Jun. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• it was hard to sleep my second pregnancy. i took a blanket and put it inbetween my legs and then under the belly and in between my boobs and kinda under my head like a pillow. and i also had the air on and a fan pointed directly at me because i was so hot and just misrable. the last 3 months i had to sit in an arm chair recliner in order to get any rest. good luck
    knagsmom

Answer by knagsmom at 11:45 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Body pillows, mine and my DH's. Slept like a log wedged between them. Course getting out from between them was a trick but well worth the sleep...
    SandraLee242

Answer by SandraLee242 at 10:54 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I slept on the couch which was more comfortable than our bed. I did this mainly because it was easier to roll in and out of when i needed to pee pee at night.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 10:50 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Just lay in bed... So far I'm 3 for 3 in not having trouble sleeping (other than my 3 yo who sleeps in bed w/ me.)

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:51 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I used a Body Pillow, but that soon wasn't very comfortable either. My major problem was my 80lb dog and 20lb cat wanting to sleep on top of me. LOL.
    I had to be to work for 5:30am and never got any sleep..but during my REALLY long lunch break, I would sleep the entire time on the sofa. That was very comfortable.
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 11:01 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I slept in a recliner a lot. We have a huge squishy/overstuffed one that rocks when the foot rest is down. It let me get comfortable enough to sleep on my back, but was still easy enough to get out of later because I could rock it forward to get out.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:03 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I wouldn't sleep from 1am to about 3.30am b/c my dd was having a party with my liver and bladder around that time lol.
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 11:03 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Body pillows are nice, but I still only slept on hour or a two at a time.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 11:21 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• i used body pillows and more pillows as needed, but never really slept hard, i guess it goes with being pregnant, still waking up in pain or discomfort
    Elizabeth1015

Answer by Elizabeth1015 at 12:18 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• im 29 weeks and have such a hard time sleeping but when i fall asleep i have tons of pillows which starting make me sleep better.. and i walk a long walk before i go sleep and that puts me right out....
    lscott2208

Answer by lscott2208 at 3:16 PM on Jun. 26, 2010