rude or did I just confusing things

I asked some children (via note sent home from school since I did not have a school directory to call at the time) to come meet for a playdate with my child and then asked (face to face) the parents if they would be interested in changing the origianal day time and where, all said "oh yeahs sure that s great...blah blah. so the night before I called and left VM's (with place and time again) to just make sure they were still interested in going. spoke to one mother and said yes they would come and the others never called back.
no one showed up. my child was heartbroken.....did Iconfuse things or are they rude.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:09 AM on Jun. 26, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• They may not have checked their voicemail. However, the one mother you spoke to who said she would come, has no excuse. I'm sorry things didn't work out. I'd talk to them and see if they didn't get your message.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 3:27 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• If they are anything like me, they probably didn't check their voicemails yet. If someone leaves a voicemail on my cell phone I check it, but if it's on my house phone, I only check it when it's full and then I just delete them all and not listen to them.
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 11:12 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I'd say most people don't check their voicemails. So it was miscommunication.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 11:11 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• it depends on how far notice you gave them. if you tired to change it on monday and the playdate was on tuesday then no they probably just had things planned.
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 11:11 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Awe I'm sorry your little one is heartbroken. I would just try talking to them and find out what happen it could very well be miss communication :)
    nickynova

Answer by nickynova at 11:25 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Or they might just be rude. For DD1's 5th birthday we invited 12 children, a month in advance. We got yes from all of them. I reconfirmed on Wed at her dance class and Sun with her scout group, Party was Mon. 2 kids showed up. None of her scout friends came ONE DAY after they (and their parents) had said they would. And no one called or e-mail or apologized.
    cedailey

Answer by cedailey at 12:16 PM on Jun. 26, 2010