How often do your kids spend the night with someone else?

Until last night, Ki hadn't done it since January. Before that, when my brother wasn't there, she had a once weekly overnight at her mamaw's house. They both loved it.
She won't be home until noon. :-( I know she's having fun, but I miss my Midge!

Kiwismommy19

Asked by Kiwismommy19 at 11:17 AM on Jun. 26, 2010 in General Parenting

• With MY mother a couple times a week or more, my oldest spends the night at a friend's house if I know the parents well maybe every other month. They don't spend the night with my in laws that I don't trust to watch them nearly as close or well as my mom does. Thank goodness for moms!!!!!!
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 12:03 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• not often. He did stay 2 nights away when we moved, and thats it. he is 13 months old but we really dont have anayone he can stay with regularly.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 11:20 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• My son has slept over my sisters house just once. He is 19 months :-)
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 11:20 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Never! Seriously! We have never left our children at anyone's house overnight. We have left them for a few hours for the occasional date, but we've otherwise been with them everyday since they were born 8 1/2 and 6 1/2 years ago! And all of our vacations have been taken together as a family. :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 11:22 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• There is no timed schedule. The last time was when my DH was at drill, and I had to go out of town as well for a wedding. She stayed with my parents. That was in May. Before that, it was October for a beach trip.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 11:23 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• 2X a year. Each visit with his Aunt and Uncle is for the weekend Friday night to Sunday Noon. Its the only break DH and I get we don't hire teenagers to watch him so we can go to a movie or out to dinner just the 2 of us. He has a form of autism so we can't  leave him with just anyone. SIL is very good about his behaviors and his medications. Plus he LOVES going there !!

justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 11:28 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• my son has spent over night at my aunts 2 times once when i was at the hospital with my dd when she was 5 months and another time when i had gall bladder surgery. when i had gall bladder surgery dd stayed with aunt too. last sunday ds stayed with my inlaws for one nite he is 3 dd is 20 months
    knagsmom

Answer by knagsmom at 11:49 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Never. Well, once when my oldest was three, he slept over at my sister's house. Other than that, never. My oldest is 8 and my youngest will be 5 on Tuesday.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:02 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• My son stays over with family often. His dad and I are divorced so he is suposed to see his dad every other weekend. His dad usually doesn't come to see him so my ex mother-in-law keeps him on those weekends. My son loves it but I still have a hard time with my son being gone. We have been divorced for 6 years so you would think i'd be use to it by now, but I still don't like it.
    momof2il

Answer by momof2il at 12:15 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• never...unless I stay too... in that case probably 3-4 times a day
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 12:24 PM on Jun. 26, 2010