I can never go!

I'm pregnant and can never go to the bathroom. It's seriously only like twice a week and I'm dying. I'm dr. says eat the stupid yogurt and drink prune juice. It still doesn't work. Any tricks you use for this embarrassing problem?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:21 AM on Jun. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I had that exact problem, only I didn't go for like 2 weeks once. so after i got out of the hospital I bought 6packs of prunes, not juice that didn't do crap for me, i would munch on the prunes like that were candy. and it helped me go more often I went about 3 or 4 times a week. I still to this day eat them b/c im lactose and sometimes i want dairy lol.
    ****************** also sometimes the baby gets in the way, but when you have it all that will come out**********************
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 11:26 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I had to eat Benifiber like chick-lets during both pregnancies (it was super painful to try to "go" too all 9 months) I was told something like the baby takes a lot of water from you and also prenatal vitamins constipate you as well. So your Dr. should have also said to drink "TONS" of water and eat lots of fruits and veggies... I would also start a Brand cereal (like All Brand) or something similar. But anyhow Benifiber is safe because it is all natural fruit and veggie fiber. And just to make it east to swallow I bought the capsules/tablets. GL hun and it will go away after delivery.... just make sure you try to remedy it or you will end up with painful hemorrhoids!
    hotrodmomma

Answer by hotrodmomma at 11:27 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Though I was not pregnant, I had the problem of not going without the help of suposs. Until about a month ago, I couldn't go at all, meaning it would be a week or more. Drink tons of water, and you're not going to see results right away, but it will happen. Prune juice and yogurt didn't work for me either. Drink tons of water and ask your doc about using lax. Hope it works out for you. The longest I couldn't go was 4 weeks, so I know your pain. But being pregnant, you'll get constipated anyway. Just try different things. You'll find what works for you. Take care.
    Nickie2010

Answer by Nickie2010 at 11:27 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Colace.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 11:33 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• More fiber in your diet and lots and lots of water
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 11:49 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Have you tried Fibercon or Ducolax?
    My Dr. said that these are safe over-the-counter medications during pregnancy
    tambam75

Answer by tambam75 at 12:16 PM on Jun. 26, 2010