peanut butter frosting?

im makinga cake for my stepfathers birthday. he wants peanut butter frosting on his cake. i couldnt find any at the store. does anyone have a good recipie that they are willing to share? thank you very much.

pebbles425

Asked by pebbles425 at 11:25 AM on Jun. 26, 2010 in Food & Drink

• heres a link to a really yummy one i love this frosting
    http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/fluffy-peanut-butter-frosting/Detail.aspx
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 11:29 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• oooh I wish I did! I am keeping an eye on this post I want to know that too. Never even heard of peanut butter frosting. Sounds yummy!!!!
    hotrodmomma

Answer by hotrodmomma at 11:30 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/fluffy-peanut-butter-frosting/Detail.aspx

This is the recipe we used last year for the cake we made my mom. Very good!
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 11:30 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Mix the following in a small saucepan and bring to a rolling boil:
    1/2 cup peanut butter
    1 stick butter
    6 Tbsp. buttermilk

Then immediately pour over a pre measured mixing bowl containing
    4 cups of powered sugar
    Ans 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract

Mix quickly and thoroughly and immediately spread on to right out of the oven chocolate cake. The frosting will cool and harden quickly, so you have to work fast!

I recommend baking your cake(s) first, letting it/them cool, turn the layer(s) over or slice off the uneven top(s) (like you would any other cake), placing the layers on separate baking sheets and reheating them for a few minutes, then take them out when your frosting is ready to go, so you can time it well! You want to spread the frosting when the cakes are hot--it will help you to spread the frosting evenly before it hardens. :o)

Frost quickly while cake is hot.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 11:39 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Lori keet, that is my exact recipe! And it's very goooood!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:56 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Also, if you want the frosting to be a little more "whippy" you can substitute the buttermilk for whip cream, although you have to eat it fast because if it gets too warm it might run off the cake, but usually the peanut butter helps it stay sticky.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:57 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Thank you all so much!!! I'm going to try the one from allrecipes.com.....Thank you again!!!
    pebbles425

Comment by pebbles425 (original poster) at 12:05 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I don't know if you'll come back to this, but if you go to Wilton's website, they have some recipes - the peanut butter buttercream is amazing! I made it last year just to try and my neighbors were practically falling at my feet they loved it so much!
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 12:59 PM on Jun. 26, 2010