are you breastfeeding , if so do you pump? Do you prefer electric or manual if you pump?

breastfeeding, pump

mommyofone740

Asked by mommyofone740 at 11:29 AM on Jun. 26, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i prefer electric. i have the one thats hands free and its just alot easier for mee
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 11:31 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• When I pumped I used an electric. I was never able to get much in one sitting though... I should have tried a manual.
    wendy46121

Answer by wendy46121 at 11:31 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I use a single electric and it works for my part-time working needs. A manual wasn't getting the amount I needed and my hand hurt after.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 11:34 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• i used a single electric when i did. and that's what i'll be using again. the manual ones are a lot of work and can make your hand pretty tired. i had both and did use them both. but the electric was easier.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 11:37 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I hated pumping, and I love nursing.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:42 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I am not currently, but did breastfeed all three of my kids. I preferred the manual pump, even back to work using it a few times a day. I felt like Bessie the Cow attached to the electric pump!!!!!
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 11:47 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I didnt really like to pump, but when I did (esp in those first few weeks) I used both. I found the manual to b e more comfortable on my breast, but my hand hurt aftera while. I had a double electric and that was quicker. I would have both. I found it nice to have both depending on the situation. BTW check to see if your insurence covers an Electric pump....you might have to your the peditricain write a script for it
    crazy4u49033

Answer by crazy4u49033 at 11:51 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I did breastfeed for 20mo...
    I used a cheap electric ($90 from ToysRus) It was fine. I only used it to pump enough for DD to have some on Saturdays when she went to visit grandparents without me..
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 11:55 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I have a manual right now, but definitely prefer a double electric. I just do better with electric because the ones I have used cycle the suction to better stimulate letdown, and that's hard to do with a manual for me. We are going to save and get a good medela double electric for this next baby.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 12:08 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• It depends on what you need the pump for. I used a hospital grade pump (Medela Symphony) when I was pumping to help bring in a milk supply for my adopted baby. I also used a hospital grade pump to bring in a milk supply for my premie when he couldn't nurse yet.
    When I am home full time I avoid pumping at all cost! It is so much easier to just breastfeed!! When I worked part time and I had a good supply a little hand pump (I used the Avent Isis) was just right to pump out a bottle a few times a week.
    If I were to go back to work full time I would either rent a Symphony or buy something like the Medela Pump in Style or Freestyle.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 12:13 PM on Jun. 26, 2010