Does your young child watch...

How its made on the discovery channel? Its my childrens favorite show. I think its so adorable my 4 and 6 yr olds sit with their eyes and ears glued and during the commercials have a million questions, so they are REALLY learning from this...

SWEETPEAS3MOM

Asked by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 11:39 AM on Jun. 26, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Her and my husband both love this show. They'll watch and talk about what's going on the whole time, just so engrossed. It's adorable to see them!
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 11:39 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Yes they love watching how candy, guitars, toilets whatever are made! It is a great show for the whole family to watch and teaches kids respect for processes in general.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 11:44 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Funny. My daughter, at 2, has no interest in that yet. My DH and I, however, watch it all the time. Just last night we watched both "How Do They Do It?" and "How It's Made". We also like "Factory Made".
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 11:45 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• PS I think How It's Made is VERY educational, LoriKeet. How else apart from visiting a factory, where young children are not allowed to be, will they know how everyday items are produced and how many machines and people it requires to make something they see as so simple?
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 11:46 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• no but my dh and i do..i also love dirty jobs!!!
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 11:42 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Not yet, but we only really expose them to educational TV. They never really had an interest in TV, but when they do, we try to make it as educational and entertaining as possible. :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 11:41 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Nope, Ive never thought about it! I bet my 6 year old would really like something like that.
    MommyKelley04

Answer by MommyKelley04 at 11:47 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Yes, they are fascinated by it. We watched a similar show about the making of pickles and ds talked about it for weeks!
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 11:49 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• No, but I'll DVR a couple episodes and see what they think of it. Thanks for the idea. :)
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 11:56 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I love that show.
    I also love Dirty Jobs with Mike Rowe....gets people in touch with what happens behind the scenes of everyday life that most people don't think about.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 11:56 AM on Jun. 26, 2010