What is your toddler's daily schedule?

My daughter is 13 months. Normally, we've been giving her a nap from eleven to one and then another one at five to six thirty. The other day she took her eleven to one nap, but refused to take her five to six thirty nap. This went on for a few days. Now, we consolidated both of her naps, and now she only takes one nap a day, one to four. Is this okay for a 13 month old?

Asked by cleverusername at 12:28 AM on Jun. 28, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• that many naps really ours is wake up at 6 then eat oatmeal then go to the park watch tv or play then do the potty training he has a nap at 12 to 3 normally we do lunch depending on how tired he is then we play he eats a snack an apple normally and then we clean do puzzles and or watch tv and or play with the animals and then we get ready for dinner at 4 to 5 and then after we do bed time and story time and then night time at 9

Answer by Patience1 at 12:40 AM on Jun. 28, 2008

• yes its normally they normally only take one nap or all my kids did at that age only one did my 3 other did take any at that age

• my daughter is 17 months and we only give her one nap a day. she get s up around 8:30 am and we put her to nap around 1 pm and make sure she is up by 3:00 pm for lunch. but I dont put her down foe another nap because she wont go sleep at her bed time. she will stay awake all night. but every ones baby have their own schedules.

Answer by mommy-in-pink at 1:07 AM on Jun. 28, 2008

• Wow thats a lot of sleeping but ever child is differnt. My daughter is 13 months as well and she takes a 2 hr nap a day. It depends on how tired she is. She may take an hr nap in the morning and then another hr nap in the afternoon but i usually try to only let her take one in the afternoon. I never let her sleep more than 2 hrs or after 5 because then she won't want to sleep at night. I don't know how early your daughter gets up but mine gets up between 5-7 already and i don't need her up any earler!

Answer by kinzleysmommy at 8:51 AM on Jun. 28, 2008

• up around 6:30 or 7, breakfast, out for a wagon ride and play outside, about 9am nap time, lunch at 11, play time, nap again between 1 and 2 snack around 3ish. dinner at 5, bed between 6 and 6:30. they sleep the whole night.

Answer by mrspierce06 at 11:04 AM on Jun. 28, 2008

• At that age my little guy was taking 2 naps a day. He weaned himself to only one nap a day. I don't put him down at a certain time, I wait til he shows signs. He rubs his eyes or lays down on the floor. I'll put him in his crib and he'll sleep a few hours. Their sleep patterns change as they get older and can stay awake longer. It's perfectly normal.

Answer by boyerbaby at 3:45 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

• My daughter dropped down to 1 nap at 13 months- she dropped that afternoon nap and then we just worked on pushing the morning nap from 10 to 1 pm over time- now she lays down for her nap anywhere inbetween 12 and 1p depending on what time she gets up for the day.
    She usually goes to bed around 7:30 or 8 and gets up between 6 and 7...

Answer by cacc2002 at 8:33 PM on Jun. 28, 2008