If you've made it to level 10, have you voted any one's answers down?

I just noticed I could vote down now. Haven't yet, just wondering if anyone else has.

Kiwismommy19

Asked by Kiwismommy19 at 11:59 AM on Jun. 26, 2010 in About CafeMom

• No, not yet! I was thinking I would use them on the "personal attacks" that I have been known to get on occasion in the Politics section! LOL You know, just in case reporting it doesn't do anything! :o) I hate to lose points, AND let someone have the "satisfaction" of getting away with insulting me! The other "bonus" is when you vote a post up or down the person you "bumped" can see who did so in their transcript!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 12:08 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• No. I won't vote any answers down unless it is horribly destructive advice to someone who has a serious question and need for help. (I have seen it happen before.)
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 12:04 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I have not, but I will.
    quick, bump this answer, help me out!
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:00 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• No I haven 't. Do you get points for that? Seems sort of mean spirited to me.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 12:00 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I think this whole scoring system defeats the purpose of questions & answers. People are going to be voting, bumping & answering just to attain levels, like a game. I'm really disappointed with it.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 12:07 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I will mark someone down if they are giving seriously bad advice..if I ever get to that level. I think some advice on here is dangerous.

I would love to see what happens in the heated discussions though like breast versus formula etc. I am sure the system will go mental!
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 12:10 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• OOPS just realized this was for level 10. Sorry.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 12:05 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I agree with Nikki, for me it would need to flagrant bad advice or someone just being rude.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 12:08 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Oddly enough, since they turned off anon, I have only seen one thing that would've been worth voting down. And in that case, the offensive one was the OP so you couldn't vote her insults down anyway. I suspect downvotes will be more common after level 15, when anon comes back. Will be a rude awakening for some, too, since down votes to anon answers have more penalty than non-anon answers.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:10 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Or if you haven't made it to 10, will you do it when you do?
    Kiwismommy19

Comment by Kiwismommy19 (original poster) at 12:06 PM on Jun. 26, 2010