Do you think the level of rudeness has decreased?

I just joined Cafemom last weekend. I thought this section on Q and A was a great idea. Then I had someone bash me for giving a POV that differerd from theirs. The more I read, the more bashing and rudeness I saw. I haven't really seen any rudeness. Do you think it's gone for good, or just for now?

layh41407

Asked by layh41407 at 12:16 PM on Jun. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• There are people in here whose only joy in their sad lives is being an internet bully. Just ignore them. They do it to get a rise out of you and if you give it to them they thrive and flourish. Ignoring causes them to eventually shrivel and die.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 12:18 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Well since this new system has started I haven't seen as much rudeness, but only time will tell.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 12:20 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I think it's gone down a lot, but I don't see it as a permanent thing. Once the bullies reach level 15 and can answer anon again, it'll come back.
    But, there is a huge difference in a different point of view and downright meanness. Some have a hard time telling the difference.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 12:20 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I think as soon as the bashers get used to this new system they will start up again. It's only a matter of time.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 12:20 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Unfortunately it's just for now. There are always brash, rude, and down right disrespectful people in the world. I don't pay much attention to them. I am all for differing opinions on any subject and welcome all POV's, but I am not the type to engage with someone who is obviously trying to be antagonistic. No one should allow themselves to get sucked into the online drama here or anywhere else. We've got so much else to accomplish as parents that stressing over what someone we don't even really know doesn't have room on my list.
    momofkearra

Answer by momofkearra at 12:21 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• it depends on the week....sometimes there is tons of rudeness, sometimes not....kind of seems like sometimes everyone on here is PMSing at the same time - I avoid this section during those times :)
    soccerchik8287

Answer by soccerchik8287 at 12:21 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I think the bashing has decreased for now. But as people get to higher levels and the anonymous option returns for them, it will increase again... unfortunately.
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 12:23 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I think that there are a lot more bully's in some of the groups i have joined ( and then left)  than there are in the q&a section... 

staceybear23

Answer by staceybear23 at 12:27 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I still see a lot of bashing. Some women can be open minded and kind, others dont like what you have to say so they bash... it varies by the situation. Everyone seems to be different (situations that is).
    Trotterswife

Answer by Trotterswife at 1:00 PM on Jun. 26, 2010